Local Talk

blackpoolmums???

(47 Posts)
kimhughes Fri 13-Mar-09 21:42:07

hey m kim, 26 an i have poppy 2 and coral whos 14months, is thier anyone from blackpool here? kim x

flubdub Sun 05-Jul-09 20:12:58

Hi, Im from Garstang?
Got two little boys, Alex 4 and Jake 15 months.

Banjofanjo Thu 09-Jul-09 20:08:26

Hiya! From lytham. Got one ds who's 2.5 first post ever on mumsnet after lurking around the gaff for the last year. Has everyone been nice to you or have you been shot down in flames yet?? Am a bit scared of everyone, to be honest!

sunburntats Thu 09-Jul-09 20:21:40

im in Thornton, got one boy aged 6. smile

MegSophandEmma Thu 09-Jul-09 20:25:10

Fleetwood here. 29, with three daughters. Ages: 8,6 and 2

angelcandice Sun 26-Jul-09 19:43:46

Im from fleetwood im 20 and have a little 1 aged 16months

theboob Sun 26-Jul-09 19:47:01

hi i'm from Blackpool with 2 ds age 8 and 2 , a DD age 6 and another DD on the way grin
am also good friends with MegSophandEmma who lso got me hooked on MN grin

geordiebunny Sun 09-Aug-09 06:51:39

Hi new to this site, not a natural mother myself but am trying. Have 3 step sons and based in St Annes. Am just starting up as a childminder as I love kids. Thought would eventually join up and say hi after browsing for a couple of months now.

purepurple Sun 09-Aug-09 08:00:59

Hello!
I live in St Annes. I have older children, 20 and 12. I work in a nursery, which I love.
it's good to see so many locals on here!

MegSophandEmma Sun 09-Aug-09 08:31:33

Sorry Hijack,

Morning Boobin!!! grin Have you heard that Emma had Bella Last night?

DuffyMoon Mon 10-Aug-09 07:28:03

I'm in St Annes 2 children 14 and 11

homeschooler29 Sun 23-Aug-09 17:41:30

Hi

I've just joined mumsnet. I'm Emma, 29 married to Vic and we have DS10, DD7 (who we home educate!)and am expecting our third at the end of January.

We live in Blackpool, near Stanley Park.

Great to see Blackpool has its own section on here.

hi, we're in fleetwood, have ds who is 3 and expecting another in april.
anyone know of any boy scouts or anything in the area?

bubblerock Fri 04-Sep-09 18:51:49

Hi everyone! Anyone off to the switch on tonight? Not sure if we'll go it's been pretty hectic today my eldest started high school grin

theboob Fri 04-Sep-09 19:09:36

hello.......just seen this petal (meg)

hi bubblerock which high school did you DC start today?

not going to the switch on as I cannot stand the crowds

bubblerock Sat 05-Sep-09 09:49:48

Hi theboob! He started at Palatine and really enjoyed his first day smile - DS2 is going into year 1 at St Johns and was supposed to start on Monday but it's not ready (new build school) so he's back on Wednesday. Where does yours go?

We braved the switch on - I hate crowds too, but the kids were desperate to go. I won't go down for the fireworks championships though - we'll watch those from upstairs. lol

theboob Sat 05-Sep-09 09:52:43

hi
mine go to St john vianney and will go on to St mary's , my god son goes to st johns, new build school does look good grin he is also going into year 1

bubblerock Sat 05-Sep-09 09:58:11

That's weird!! lol - He'll know my Tom then grin

mum23kids Tue 15-Sep-09 19:28:23

hi im lynsey im 22 from cleveleys n i have a boy age 4.5, a daughter at 3.5 n another daughter at 2.5. im new 2 mumsnet so if any1 wants 2 say hi then plz do x

bubblerock Tue 15-Sep-09 19:40:46

Hi Lynsey!! Gosh, they were nicely spaced out lol - I bet it's hard work but lovely to have them all similar ages, mine have a 5 year gap and it's quite tricky sometimes! Welcome to MN grin x

Watchtheworldcomealivetonight Tue 29-Dec-09 19:56:05

Hi
Not sure if anyone is still reading, dd is nearly 7 and we are near revoe school, dd goes to Baines Endowed at Marton.

sunburntats Tue 29-Dec-09 19:59:59

Hi, im here!
My ds goes to Baines endowed in Thornton! he is 6 nearly 7!
We live in Thornton.
My first house was in Marton, i loved it there grin

Watchtheworldcomealivetonight Tue 29-Dec-09 20:11:02

Hi, we are renting in Revoe while we look for somewhere in Marton, my friend is up that way and she loves it too.
We moved up here in April and know no one apart from people from school.
Ohhh thats weird that they are both called Baines because Thornton isnt far of is it?
DD is 7 in March, when is your ds's?

sunburntats Tue 29-Dec-09 20:30:56

ds not 7 till July. He is a handful!
I am about 15 minutes away from marton.....i know because i treck to Tesco regularly smile

Where did you move from in April?
marton is ace, its great for shops, schools, town, and we live in Stanley park all year round really.

Does your dd like school? has she settled in well?

Watchtheworldcomealivetonight Tue 29-Dec-09 20:41:01

Stanley Park was a godsend in the summer, we moved from Yorkshire, we had been here to visit lots of times so when me and dd left exh dd asked if we could move here, we are a lot nearer my parents now as well.

Yes she ended up at Baines because all the local schools, Revoe and Waterloo were full, I am glad really because its a much better school and she has settled really well there.

DD has just started at St Johns Ambulance near town, I was a bit dubious at first but they do loads with them, its much better than I thought.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now