Local Talk

Bournemouth/East Dorset Independent Prep Schools

(12 Posts)
jdubya Sun 09-Oct-11 15:04:48

We're moving to Friars Cliff, nr Christchurch Dorset in the next month and are having a total nightmare trying to get our son into the decent State schools (yr 3) nearby. We're now reluctently looking at independent schools, but don't want to pay the £3.5K plus per term fees. We've found a few around the £2K/term: Bulkholm Towers (nr Poole) is one, but we're new to this whole private side of schooling so if you have any advice, or suggest any other schools I'd be grateful. We're prepared to travel so would look at schools from Poole to the New Forset to further north. Many thanks!

ggirl Sun 09-Oct-11 15:33:17

Forres Sandle Manor in Fordingbridge so-so reputation..bit pretentious

ballard school has good rep I think and people I know with kids there are very happy with it. Unpretentious.

ggirl Sun 09-Oct-11 15:33:49

sorry no idea of their fees

ggirl Sun 09-Oct-11 15:34:24

also Moyles Court School near Ringwood

Willabywallaby Sun 09-Oct-11 16:08:38

Buckholme Towers is very girl heavy, and would be a good drive for you.

Bournemouth Collegiate is also in that area.

Our son goes to Park School which has a good reputation but may not have space.

stitched Tue 11-Oct-11 09:56:46

Collegiate primary is over at Parkstone so may still be a drive for you.
How about St. Martins or Talbot House school?
A friends child has been through Ballard has has only good things to say about it. Great grounds!
Good luck.

jdubya Thu 27-Oct-11 18:21:52

thanks everyone! all sorted now finally!

drseus Wed 07-Dec-11 13:16:48

Does anyone have any daughters at Talbot Heath Junior? We are moving from another prep school in the area and wanted views, good or bad!

babaandbear Wed 17-Oct-12 19:41:17

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Willabywallaby Wed 17-Oct-12 20:09:32

Not heard about the underwear rule...

babaandbear Wed 17-Oct-12 20:26:34

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Willabywallaby Wed 17-Oct-12 21:34:59

You made that point 19:41:17 babaandbear and the OP got sorted last year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now