Local Talk

Moving to Verwood

(3 Posts)
Ladiesnight Thu 11-Oct-12 22:21:45

Hi,
Hoping to get some local insight. Currently in the process of moving from Hertfordshire to Verwood. Don't know alot about the area but will need to settle in 2 little ones, Girl 6 & boy 5.
Advice on local clubs, school, etc would be much appreciated.
Any advice gratefully appreciated,

Verwoodpeep Thu 11-Oct-12 23:00:54

Hello, we relocated to Verwood from suburban London 14 years ago. Our DCs are teenagers now. There are three First Schools here. All three have good reputations. Ours went to Verwood First School. Middle schools start from year 9.
Mine went to lots of clubs and activities. There are brownies and scouts, football and netball clubs, martial arts, dance, drama. Mine went to Littledown in Bournemouth for swimming, but there are also pools in Ringwood and Ferndown.
You may have to drive more than you are used to at the moment. Public transport is not great, although much better than it used to be.
There is a morrisons in verwood which is going to be hugely extended next year. Waitrose in nearby Ringwood. Tesco, Sainsbury and Asda in Bournemouth.
Reasonable shopping in Bournemouth and Castlepoint. West Quay in Southampton is not that far.
Moors valley country park is great and is within walking distance of Verwood - depends where you live of course.
I think it's a great location. Easy reach of Bournemouth, Poole, New Forest, lovely countryside.
Hope that helps. I've name changed of course wink
Do you have school places. Have you bought a house - or renting?

Ladiesnight Thu 11-Oct-12 23:18:37

Thank you that is really helpful.
We are buying, find out in the next couple of days.
Feeling abit more confident now, so thank you for taking the time to reply,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now