Local Talk

Shopping in the area..

(3 Posts)
ScandinavianMummy Tue 09-Jul-13 22:53:23

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to mumsnet, and I am currently in Dorset on holiday! I have been allowed one day out on my own without kids or husband, and I want to go shopping? Where is the best place to go? Like shops like top shop, new look, miss selfridge, next etc

Vickyc1985 Wed 10-Jul-13 17:11:30

Hiya! Given that this is in the "bournemouth&poole" site, I guess you are in the Bournemouth/Poole area? Anyway, Bournemouth is good for shopping. Can't think off the top of my head what shops are about, but there is a big debehams, I know that! (I tend to shop online or at outlet centres!!) Poole is smaller, less shops, Bournemouth is more... Metropolitan, I guess. Also, if you're further out, you could all come into Bournemouth and husband and kids can spend the day on the beach/at the aquarium whilst you get on with retail therapy?
HTH.

Kneedeepindaisies Wed 10-Jul-13 17:16:43

Castlepoint has all those shops as well. www.castlepointshopping.com/

It's not far from the town centre by car or bus.

Maybe DH could take DC swimming at the Littledown Centre? There is also a park with a paddling pool, train, climbing walls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now