Local Talk

Kensal Green Nanny Share?

(3 Posts)
Achneinmeinbein Tue 08-Mar-11 22:01:25

Hi, we are moving from Chalk Farm to Kensal Green soon (bought house, will move after building work complete, hopefully June/July) and I am going back to work in Jul/Aug when my daughter will be 1yo.

One option I am exploring for childcare is nanny share. Is there anyone else nearby (we will be NW10 5XB) who is considering this, or has nanny already they would like to share?

I haven't confirmed with work yet but will probably be looking for 4 days a week cover.

Thanks!

MsBoo Mon 28-Mar-11 00:59:08

Hi & welcome to our local area! As well as using MN to find your nanny share, you might want to put an ad on the noticeboard in Queen's Park cafe. It's a popular local resource, with regular ads for nannies/nanny shares, cleaners, music classes etc.
Good luck with your search!

SuburbanSurfer Fri 22-Apr-11 13:11:09

Hello, I hope your building work is going well. Ours has only recently finished and I've just about completed tidying up after them. I don't know that it would work, but I thought I might contact you anyway. After three years of working term time hours, my latest manager has thrown a wobbler and wants me to formally request flexible working. As an alternative I would like to arrange a way of having my year 4 son collected from his school, close to Marble Arch, and taken to a safe place for tea and homework - ideally close to Willesden Green tube or even our home nearby, from where I could collect him somewhere between five and six o'clock'ish.

That would amount to around two hours a day, Mon-Fri during term time and, I like to think, be ideal for a nanny share type situation which was something that worked very successfully when we lived in another part of the UK. Comments please.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now