Local Talk

antenatal Yoga Classes

(8 Posts)
Jeb28 Wed 11-May-11 20:27:27

Does anyone know if Karen Wykes still runs her antenatal yoga classes at Unit 4 off of Ditchling Road? The number I used to have for her is now unobtainale.

Jeb28 Wed 11-May-11 20:28:58

following on from my last post. Or can anyone recommend another antenatal yoga class. I know about Karel Ironside. Thanks.

Melonmoonmum Fri 11-May-12 12:21:05

I'm trying to find out exactly the same! Karel Ironside was a bit too extreme for me last time. Hopefully someone will give us the answer.

Oh, I was thinking of going to Karel Ironside. In what way did you find her too extreme, Melon? I've heard she has some strong opinions on some aspects of parenting but that her classes are really worthwhile nonetheless. I'm not there to get parenting advice though so would be interested to hear if that's what you disliked too.

By the way, I went to Claire at Yogamamas for DC1. The classes were nice but focused a lot on the pregnancy whereas I'm keen to focus more on the birth this time. My DH works in London so I'll need to get a babysitter for DC1 in order to go to classes so will be impatient if I'm sitting there listening to people talking about their flatulence and varicose veins when I want to be learning about how to breathe out a baby like that girl with the red bikini from One Born Every Minute smile.

hattyha Tue 28-Aug-12 14:12:09

Hi All,

There is an amazing antenatal yoga class in Burgess Hill, not sure if it would be too far for anyone to travel, but the classes take place on a Saturday morning between 10am-12noon so you may not need a baby sitter if you have a partner who is around during the daytime on a Saturday, and maybe less tired if you work mon-fri.

The classes are run by a wonderful lady called Vikki and her website is:
http://www.thelittleyogarooms.co.uk/

joyfull Wed 10-Oct-12 11:58:54

Hello,

Not sure how many of you are still active (and pregnant!) on this thread...

I'm looking for a 2nd or 3rd trimester pregnant mum to give feedback on my yoga teaching (I'm on a teacher training course now). Sessions will be free, at your own pace and we'll just chat about how it feels for you and what you think of my teaching. Be great to meet some other pregnant mums too as I'm currently 27 weeks pregnant myself!

I qualified as a doula and antenatal educator, I'm not a 'yoga teacher' but I do have a long personal practice and am looking forward to sharing. My number is 0753 604 9097 if you'd like to chat about it.

Carlby Thu 15-Nov-12 19:05:29

Lucy Skelton-Greenwood at Yogahaven on the Hove/Brighton border is great. Kundalini yoga. She is also a doula.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now