Local Talk

Looking for New Mum's living in Shoreham By Sea

(15 Posts)
Callie71 Tue 09-Aug-11 11:20:47

Hi
I moved to Shoreham last April & now have a gorgeous baby boy 3 months old. Wasn't in my job long enough before I became pregnant to make new friends, they were all a lot older and had had their families :O(. Feeling a bit isolated as I'm a 39 yr old first time Mum (feeling a bit creeky compared to the young ones at NTC ha ha), so would like to meet up with fellow first timers of a similar age, for coffee, chat and to not feel like I'm the only Mum going through all these new (but fantastic) experiences alone grin)

evilkensmum Thu 11-Aug-11 11:40:38

Hello :-) I live in Shoreham and am currently on Maternity leave after having my DD who is 16 weeks old. She is my 3rd child but quite a gap between her and the 2 boys (my eldest is 13!) I'd love to meet up if you like, coffee and cake is always a good option!

Where abouts in Shoreham are you? I'm up near the Holmbush centre.....

Callie71 Thu 11-Aug-11 12:18:11

Hi

That would be great, I live on Shoreham Beach, so not far from you at all. That would be fab, maybe the latter part of next week if you're up for it?

Caroline

evilkensmum Thu 11-Aug-11 14:02:41

Sounds good to me. Would you like to come here? This is my lazy parenting kicking in as I can just let my 4 year old get on with his toys/garden whilst we eat cake!! But if you prefer to meet in Shoreham that's fine too, just as long as there is cake involved somewhere! Any day is fine for me, my diary is currently empty.

Callie71 Fri 12-Aug-11 09:10:27

Cool, no problem for me, I was thinking maybe next Thursday late morning? I'm getting his nibs weighed at 10.30 then I'm free after that, so I can come to you?

evilkensmum Fri 12-Aug-11 14:15:59

Perfect! My address is 5 King George Rd BN43 6YN. I can provide directions if you like. Oh and BTW my name is Jen smile

mostlymarmite Fri 12-Aug-11 15:42:58

Hi,
I'm moving to Southwick in a few weeks which is not far from Shoreham - I was 40 last week and have an 8 month old son and am on maternity leave - would love to meet up too as don't know anyone else local.

Callie71 Fri 12-Aug-11 21:24:18

Hi

That would be cool, be nice to chat to similar aged Mums grin) Let me know once you're settled and we can meet up for coffee xx

Callie71 Fri 12-Aug-11 21:27:19

Jen, I'll see you next Thursday late morning, probably about 11 ish hopefully if I get through the health clinic quickly! I'll ask my other half to guide me there hee hee.

Caroline x

Callie71 Tue 16-Aug-11 15:22:28

Jen - I'm going to have to postpone Thursday coffee, my Mum's had a bad fall and in hospital so need to go down to Bournemouth to help out with my Dad, as he's just had a knee replacement op. I forget they are not spring chickens anymore! Will sort out another date once they are ok. x

evilkensmum Thu 18-Aug-11 09:48:25

OK no worries. Hope your mum is feeling better soon and out of hospital x

ratflavouredjelly Sun 21-Aug-11 22:15:48

Callie71 don't feel creeeeaky! I'm (ahem) late 30's too (whispers). I just moved to Shoreham a month ago and EVERYTHING needs doing on our house hahaha and I have no time to get anything done! I have a 4 yo DS and a 2.5 yo DD so a bit older, but am always up for cups of tea and saying hello. evilkensmum I have a 4 YO too (starting buckingham Park school in Sept ). Maybe I can quiz you about going from 2 - 3 bambino's!!

I'm near Swiss Gardens - near the river! Lovely walk, and we also go to the beach/playground/walk along near the houseboats. Just give me a shout smile

MABS Sun 28-Aug-11 13:11:50

My kids are bit older, but I very near shoreham, so let me know if you having coffee. I met Ratflavoredjelly at Brighton meet last month, very lovely girl smile

thepeoplesprincess Mon 09-Jan-12 17:50:21

Oi oi evilkensmum

Bobbins11 Sat 06-Oct-12 17:25:40

hi there i am a new mum to a 7 week old baby and would like to meet some mummys? :-)x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now