Local Talk

Anyone in Lewes?

(4 Posts)
Rhubarbgarden Fri 02-Mar-12 20:07:40

We are considering moving from London to Lewes. It seems to have the best of both worlds - nice high street with cafes and stuff going on, whilst also being close to lovely countryside.

But I've heard that the commute to London is really bad, certainly worse than Brighton mainline despite the published times looking ok.

Any advice about what it's like to live in Lewes? Anyone with any experience of the commute? Are the schools good - we have a toddler and another on the way.

Thanks!

Ouroboros Wed 21-Mar-12 21:30:56

I know you posted this a while ago, but just to say that we are moving to Lewes in about 3 weeks, in the same situation have a 3 year old, and another due late August. My DH will be doing the commute so hope it's not too bad... It's taken us a long time to make the decision to leave London, but am very excited about it now. Good luck with your decision.

Dani01 Fri 22-Mar-13 20:57:16

Hello Ouroboros,
I just wondered how your move went and how you feel about your husbands long communtes?
We are planning to Lewes (from South London) hopefully by the end of this year and I am quite excited but also nervous about this.

I would like to know how you and your family found the move and settling in (especially schools).

Thanks

pipmumto3 Fri 29-Mar-13 14:20:43

Hi Rhubarbgarden

We live close to Lewes (in a village just further down the train track) and I myself commute to London three days a week. It is tiring, but personally I haven't experienced real problems with the trains. Clearly, when we had the snow the trains were all completely up the spout, but otherwise they are almost always on time. Certianly I don't think it's any worse than the Brighton line.

Hope your move goes well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now