Local Talk

Having a big declutter and live in Brighton?

(10 Posts)
BrightonMama Thu 02-Aug-12 21:27:45

My dh is setting up a new service for Brighton parents to help you get rid of your baby-related jumble without the mind numbing tedium of doing a carboot sale.

Like a cross between gumtree and ebay - basically it'll be a good place to sell stuff your DC don't need anymore. He's seeing how many people are interested first. So if it's something you think you'd use, sign up and he'll build it!

www.jumblr.co.uk

PerUnaBomber Thu 02-Aug-12 21:32:58

I'm 12 miles along the coast from Brighton, but have a mountain of stuff - will you be restricting to B&H only?

BrightonMama Fri 03-Aug-12 09:15:40

I think 12 miles away would be fine. The idea is that it would be a bit like gumtree in that the seller would come pick it up from your house, rather than you have to post it, so am guessing it's how far people would be willing to travel.
I also have a mountain of stuff, and have just taken to putting it out on the street for people to take - am too lazy for a carboot sale!

PestoSandalissimos Fri 03-Aug-12 09:29:56

I think it's a good idea but....

most people want to buy baby stuff new.

Zoidberg Fri 03-Aug-12 15:16:04

I'd be interested, sold a load of stuff at NCT sales in the past but it mounts up inbetween and I've missed a couple.

I sold all the baby stuff so a lot of people do buy it second hand.

PerUnaBomber Fri 03-Aug-12 19:47:39

I'm in, then. The combo of full time work and laziness means I never get my arse in gear to eBay/kitty Rose sale/nct/car bootmy growing pile of boys' clothes and toys. Will sign up.

BrightonMama Mon 06-Aug-12 09:51:33

Cheers guys!

Rhubarbgarden Sat 11-Aug-12 10:25:39

I'm moving to Ditchling in the autumn and will have a load of baby stuff to get rid of as dc2 grows out of it, so I would definitely be interested in this idea.

rockinhippy Sun 19-Aug-12 19:22:21

Great idea… we've an attic full of stuff that keeps on growing & we never get round to doing the boot salesblush

rockinhippy Mon 20-Aug-12 11:32:31

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now