Local Talk

hall hire for ds' 7th Birthday

(6 Posts)
mamasmissionimpossible Thu 06-Sep-12 20:45:43

Does anyone know any reasonably priced halls to hire for children's parties. I hoping to find somewhere in Brighton or Hove, preferably, but will go further afield if they are more comptetively priced.

FreelanceMama Fri 07-Sep-12 03:58:30

Do you know St Nicholas Church in Brighton? Bottom of Dyke Road, v near to St Paul's schook.They hire out the actual church (the seats can be moved) which includes kitchen areas and loos. On Tuesday mornings they run a v busy toddler playgroup with equipment, and a youth club, so the space is used to being used by children.

karenjm Fri 07-Sep-12 12:47:11

There are a few church halls around Fiveways that can be hired for parties. St Matthias on Hollingbury Park road, Knoyle hall just off the A23 on Knoyle road and there's one on Standford Avenue but I can't remember it's name.

mamasmissionimpossible Fri 07-Sep-12 21:42:22

Thanks for your replies. I have looked into St. Nicholas' church, but they want £50 an hour shock I would also prefer somewhere with easy parking, I know that's difficult in Brighton. Will try some of the other suggestions.

Pixel Mon 10-Sep-12 23:51:31

We once hired the scout hut in Glebe Villas in Hove for dd's party. There was a nice big hall, toilet and kitchen area which was all we needed. This was quite a while ago though so no idea what the charges are now (or if still available to hire) but might be worth finding out. We were originally going to hire the church hall where she went to playgroup but I remember the scout hut was a lot cheaper.

merlincat Wed 12-Sep-12 14:31:19

West Hill Community Hall on Compton Road is great and very reasonable. We used it loads of times; it's a good size and has a kitchen. I'm not sure if there's a website but we got all our info (and the keys) from the wonderful Vinod who runs Bright News on Buckingham Road. He runs the shop -a general store- and is a pillar of the community.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now