Local Talk

We need a family home in Hove!

(4 Posts)
notsuredotcom Tue 11-Sep-12 11:48:37

Hi mumsnetters. I am relocating to Hove with my family at the end of the year - literally between xmas and the New Year. We need to rent a 2/3 bed house w/ garden or garden flat w/parking around the Hove area. I need to commute to London three times a week so need to be close to the station - a bus ride away if necessary. We have a 5 yr old so we need to be close to a good primary school and a 3 yr old so we also need daycare. If you know of any properties that might be suitable, please do let me know. Many thanks!

katiecubs Tue 11-Sep-12 13:47:06

Hi there,

Good luck wth your search! All i would say is look early as places with gardens and near the station are pretty hard to come by, i had terrible problems finding somewhere myself with many agents saying they were 'gold dust' - that was in the summer though so you may have more choice around winter time. I would also try gumtree as there are often some good places on there.

Primary schools in hove are pretty over subscribed and i have heard central hove is a bit of a black hole with regards to school catchments - however west hove now manages a new primary which has taken the pressure off a bit. Goldstone is also a great school, i would try and rent as close as possible to them as the catchments are quite small. Also probably worth phoning the council to see where you would most likely be offered a place. Child care wise you don't really need to worry about location - there are so many great places pretty much everywhere.

Good luck with the move - i love living down here and have not looked back since leaving London myself!

notsuredotcom Tue 11-Sep-12 14:00:27

Oh I'm starting to look now although even if I find something suitable now I can't afford to pay rent on two places for three/four months. We'll be in a position to put a deposit on somewhere from November on and just swallow paying for two places for 2 months. I've had a look on Gumtree and will keep my eye on it. Fingers crossed something comes up when we need it. Please do let me know if you hear of anything smile

Thanks for the tips on schools. I'm hoping it might be easier to get a place mid way through the year than at application time....?

Can't wait to move - love Hove! Ha ha lots of ove's..

katiecubs Thu 13-Sep-12 21:17:43

Good plan! Will let you know if i do hear or anything of course.

Best of luck with the move, it's fab here you will love it smile

P.s i really don't know re. getting into schools mid year but maybe worth a call to the coucil to find out which school is you best bet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now