Local Talk

GP/Maternity services in Worthing

(3 Posts)
PeruMum Mon 24-Sep-12 18:53:10

Hi there

I'm 28 weeks pregnant with my first child and currently live in Peru. We're coming back to the UK in November this year to have the baby, but will be living in Worthing, which is an area I don't know at all.

Would love to hear any wisdom you have about GP surgeries - which GPs have been good and helpful during your pregnancies and what you thought of the maternity unit at Worthing Hospital.

Thanks so much! smile

I can't help you about GPs as I don't live in Worthing, I'm a bit further along the coast. But my son was born at Worthing last year - Christmas Day in fact!

I was very happy with the staff there and the care we received. I was home the same day (by choice) and the staff were very attentive and helpful. There are birthing pools (although DS was in too much of a hurry for me to use one!) and baths in the delivery suites. This was much better than the hospital where DD was born, which had neither pools nor baths.

PeruMum Tue 25-Sep-12 00:21:24

Thank you. That's really helpful. Glad you had a good experience!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now