Local Talk

Hypnobirthing recommendations?

(7 Posts)
Kcubs Wed 17-Oct-12 14:31:18

Hello can anyone recommend a good course in Brighton or Hove area?

Thanks!

lalas Sat 05-Jan-13 20:00:48

Hi Kcubs
I was just wondering if you tried a course and what you thought? I'm looking for a course in brighton an hove too.

thanks!

Poppywink Fri 18-Jan-13 12:31:29

Hello, have been listening to some cds at home but was also thinking about doing a course smile

MeganBD Thu 24-Jan-13 17:52:32

Hi,

I'd recommend having a look at Tegan Craker, who's a great teacher.

I haven't done hypnobirthing with her myself but have known her for 11 years, and know all about her own journey with hypnobirthing and how she got to becoming a practitioner. She's been in the papers for her own amazing birthing story, and her first child Leo is the most relaxed, happy little soul (who slept through the night from very early stage!)

More info on her here -
www.ilovehypnobirthing.co.uk/about-tegan-craker.php

Good luck smile

Ruthrosewell Sat 23-Feb-13 00:22:30

hi- its all a very personal experience and I read lots of hypno birthing books when i was pregnant last year. The only thing I'd say is that whilst its a fab state of mind and a great way to look at things some courses can be very expensive and often give similar info to the books. Do some reading first and then see if a course will help offer a new perspective. A friend of mine went to a hypno birthing course, spent a lot of money and then ended up very sad about her whole birth experience as it wasn't what she had hoped. Don't get me wrong I love the ethos behind hypno birthing and it was totally right for me. I just feel it may not be for everyone. Hope this is taken in the friendly and encouraging way its meant.

Kcubs1 Mon 25-Feb-13 10:21:30

Hello didn't get round to doing one in the end but labour was only 1.5 hours in the end so was glad I didn't bother!

Ruthrosewell Mon 25-Feb-13 22:55:14

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now