Local Talk

Are there any Worthing meets?

(72 Posts)

Anything going on in Worthing? Moved here last year when pregnant - now with an inquisitive seven month old. Anyone in the same position?

Haha! that figures. God I can't wait to move back to Brighton/Hove!

MABS Thu 18-Jun-09 19:34:02

come over to Brighton Sat lunch, other worthing gals do sometimes

Hi Mabs - where do you meet? Can't do this Sat but if it's regular-like??

MABS Sun 21-Jun-09 12:30:41

it's usually every couple of months really

OK will look out for it. Thanks

Tortington Mon 22-Jun-09 23:15:39

howdy - im in worthing - i go to the brighton meets. i could give you a lift

Hi Custardo - that would be great thanks. I was beginning to wonder whether there were any MNers in Worthing - nobody I've spoken to seems to have heard of it hmm

Tortington Wed 24-Jun-09 16:01:48

maybe they don't admit it!

i am positive that there was a worthing meet with kids - might haVE BEEN SOME TIME ago

Hello!! I'm a worthing mum! And I know what you mean - sometimes I feel like the only one!! :P
I'm new to mumsnet - I'm 29, have a little boy called Dylan who's nearly 10 weeks old & we'd LOVE to meet some other yummy mummies & babies!! :D xx

god..i thought i'd divorced my social life when i had my babies and moved out to worthing area..will look for brighton meets!

Well that's four of us grin

Hi missleslieanne and oneopinionatedmother - good to know you're out there.

I'd be up for the Brighton meets but also maybe (hey lets be crazy) a meet in .....Worthing (I keep telling my Brighton friends that it's a lot cheaper than Brighton the new place to be...no really it is....no really)

Quick background - I'm a little hmm older than missleslieanne - and have a 8mo dd.

'ello make do and mend.

yes indeed - fancy a cuppa cha in waitrose or somewhere ? (or indeed, a pint at the Vintners?)- i can turn up unbabied if it's just an afternoon. Though i understand unbabied time can be difficult to organise!

I'm 31 (and a half :P) and have 23 monther, a 6 monther, and a poodle. I am generally to be found with dog on lead, toddler on reins and baby in sling. (or more often, posting to alphamummy on timesonline)

problem organisation for me: we haven't organised our hol yet so could be any week out of the next three. so, if you guys set a date i'll be there so long as'm not on holiday....

clarerw Sun 05-Jul-09 01:04:20

Hello all, I too moved to Worthing last year (from London) and definitely did divorce my social life I'm afraid!
I'd love to meet anyone in a similar position, I have a 4 year old and a 1 year old and am a little older than all aforementioned ages... Also, does anyone know of any good playgroups for under 5's?

Hi all - sorry been unable to properly get to the computer all week due to dh monopolising it.

Excellent news oom - it would be easier for me if it could be an afternoon with baby - evening is ok but dd's bedtime can be a bit more flexible than I would like at the moment due to either me being useless or dd being difficult - not sure which

Hello clarerw - another one! To answer your question - apparently the one at the Tabernacle is good (it's where I'll be taking dd when we finally get chucked out of post natal - we should have left at six months but it's just so nice blush) There seem to be quite a few on a Wednesday morning (annoying that they're all on the same day) There's a mag called the Grapevine which has all the groups in but I can't bloody find a new copy. Will bring my old one when we meet. Where in Worthing do you live? There are quite a few scattered around I think.

The only days not free really are Tuesday morning (try and usually don't succeed in making it to Baby Rhyme at Library) and previously mentioned Wed morn, oh and MIL visit on Fridays. So Monday/Tuesday/Thursday good for me.

Anyone else? Custardo/MLL you interested?

clarerw Mon 06-Jul-09 00:21:32

I work part time but Thursdays are good for me. I am just west of the town centre.
Is the Tabernacle group called the Ark? I was flicking through the family grapevine online and noticed it.
I suspect it will get a bit easier to go to some more playgroups and stuff when 4 yr old starts school in Sept,he's a bit old for some of them...he's not always that interested in me having civilized cup of tea and chat either!!!!

Totallyfloaty35 Mon 06-Jul-09 11:15:07

Can i join please,i have a 2yr old and moved here 2yrs ago
smile

Welcome Totally - the more the merrier!

clarerw - i think it's the same one - I'll check with a mum I know who's just started going. I know there is also one in East Worthing also (surprise surprise) on a Wednesday - it's called Cupcakes I think - I've met a couple of people with three year olds who go.

Is Thursday good with everyone? How about Thursday 16th? Does anyone have an idea for a venue? If it's sunny I usually end up at Parklife for the cakes sandwiches. The Dome is also quite pushchair friendly downstairs or upstairs. Any other ideas?

clarerw Thu 09-Jul-09 22:43:43

Thursday next week is good for me, and happy to give either venue a go. I'm sure a Parklife cake would keep one or both of mine quiet for a few minutes at least....

Parklife - is that on the Steyne? or the one near the hospital?
Thursday fine hopefully

Excellent - Parklife is on Bath st I think - down the side of H Samual and Top Shop. i'll double check that (sorry mind has gone blank - it's the weather).

AAaaagh! Sorry Something has now come up on Thursday (going back to work-related) - so this week now out. Will post again later when I've sorted out my diary. Gah!

Oh clarerw - the Ark and the Tabernacle are two different things as far as I can see. The Ark is on in Broadwater (Church of Life I think) while the Tabernacle is opposite the Town Hall. I'm going tomorrow for the first time if you'reinterested - it's on from 10 (I'll have a black Loola Buggy and a small blondie/reddie/but mostly baldie 7 month old). if you spot me say hi!

Tortington Tue 14-Jul-09 15:50:43

if ever you are just going to get a bit pissed let me know. - i don't do kids - but i do beer and good company.

You'll be the first to know custardo. God a pint! In the evening! In a pub! On my own! <<faints with the very idea>>

Tortington Tue 14-Jul-09 16:19:15

doesn't have to be in the evening or in a pub - the brighton ladies do it in styel doncha know -nice restaurant - bottle of wine - ladies who lunch - i call it getting pissed - but they are more refined

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now