Local Talk

Any Brighton based mum's to be due early next year?

(12 Posts)
EmmaDev74 Tue 13-Nov-12 13:29:30

Hello ladies!
I have recently moved to the area from West London and would love to hear from any mum's to be in the local area. I am a 37 year old first time mum based in the Seven Dials area with a baby boy due March 3rd. I still work (and play!) in London but would love to put some local roots down and start making friends and sharing experiences with women that live less than a couple of hours away!
x

Clare700 Wed 28-Nov-12 17:45:24

Hi Emma,

I'm also a first time Mum due on March 15th - I'm 32 and expecting a little girl. I also live in Seven Dials! SNAP! :-)

I hardly know any mum's-to-be locally so it would be good to make some new friends. It would be great to hear from you! x

Georgieandcharlotte Wed 28-Nov-12 20:40:13

Hi there, I have just had my little girl three weeks ago but we also just moved from West London and don't know many people locally. I can always pass on my experiences so far and am up for meeting. We live in Hanover so not too far away.

Clare700 Thu 29-Nov-12 10:43:41

Hi Georgie,
Firstly, congratulations on the birth of your daughter!
Yes it would be great to meet up, hopefully Emma will see this post soon and then maybe we can arrange something :-)

EmmaDev74 Fri 30-Nov-12 13:34:01

Oooh how brilliant, I hadn't checked back for a while after initial eagerness so a really lovely surprise to see 2 posts!
Congrats to you Georgie, hope you are both doing well. Whereabouts in London were you before you moved? I spent the last 10 years in the Hammersmith/Shepherds Bush/Chiswick area - really happy here in Brighton but definitely eager to meet people as working up in London still (and falling pregnant sooner than I thought!) is keeping me from socializing locally as much as I would have liked.
I guess pre-xmas everything is a little mad but perhaps we could work towards a NY hook-up? Georgie will be an absolute pro by then and I could sure use some guidance and tips (!) and it would be great to share 'same time' experiences with you Clare.
xx

Clare700 Mon 03-Dec-12 06:57:08

Hi - Yes, let's pencil something in for Jan!

I work from home so am able to meet up during the day, Georgie if you're around and fancy meeting up before NY I could meet you & your little one for a coffee?

Looking forward to meeting you both xx

EmmaDev74 Mon 03-Dec-12 08:22:12

Sounds great : ) I will also be working from home next Tuesday 11th as I have a midwife appointment mid morning. If a late am or pm coffee that day suited you both I will definitely make time to be around x

Clare700 Tue 04-Dec-12 06:43:07

Hey Emma,

Next Tuesday works for me, I can probably do either time am or pm - Shall we wait and see what's best for Georgie & Charlotte & then hatch a plan?

I had my 25 week midwife app yesterday and all is looking good thankfully, seems like ages since my last app so I went in there with a list of questions as long as my arm Lol! ;-) x

EmmaDev74 Tue 04-Dec-12 09:50:27

Yep, sounds like a

EmmaDev74 Tue 04-Dec-12 09:59:48

Yep, sounds like a plan. I will be finished by around 11am and free the rest of the day I should think. I will be at 7 dials medical centre but can meet wherever best suits you and Georgie.
Glad to hear everything is going well, I'm sure I should probably be asking more questions at my appointments rather than blindly stumbling thru week by week! I just can't get my head around it being a near reality at the moment! Better take some time over Xmas to focus properly on things because March will be here before we know it : )
Lets are what Georgie comes back with and go from there.
Speak soon x

Georgieandcharlotte Tue 04-Dec-12 12:01:10

Hi both,

Thanks for sending me a separate message. Completely forgot to check back on this site! I can do the 11th and am happy to meet wherever suits you best - we are getting more skilled at being out of the house now! I lived in exactly the same part of London for 13 years - I promise we won't bore you though Clare... I don't know Seven Dials that well so if you let me know a good meeting place then I will see you there.

Georgie x

EmmaDev74 Tue 04-Dec-12 12:48:39

Ah brilliant!
Will it be easier to meet somewhere a little closer to home for you Georgie, I can't speak for Clare but it will be an easy waddle for me : )
Is there a way to message more than one person privately on here so the world doesn't have to read about our plans?! I am a complete technophobe, it's embarrassing!
If not maybe continue on email?
I'll send my address to your inboxes!
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now