Any Brighton based mum's to be due early next year?

(12 Posts)
EmmaDev74 Tue 13-Nov-12 13:29:30

Hello ladies!
I have recently moved to the area from West London and would love to hear from any mum's to be in the local area. I am a 37 year old first time mum based in the Seven Dials area with a baby boy due March 3rd. I still work (and play!) in London but would love to put some local roots down and start making friends and sharing experiences with women that live less than a couple of hours away!

Clare700 Wed 28-Nov-12 17:45:24

Hi Emma,

I'm also a first time Mum due on March 15th - I'm 32 and expecting a little girl. I also live in Seven Dials! SNAP! :-)

I hardly know any mum's-to-be locally so it would be good to make some new friends. It would be great to hear from you! x

Georgieandcharlotte Wed 28-Nov-12 20:40:13

Hi there, I have just had my little girl three weeks ago but we also just moved from West London and don't know many people locally. I can always pass on my experiences so far and am up for meeting. We live in Hanover so not too far away.

Clare700 Thu 29-Nov-12 10:43:41

Hi Georgie,
Firstly, congratulations on the birth of your daughter!
Yes it would be great to meet up, hopefully Emma will see this post soon and then maybe we can arrange something :-)

EmmaDev74 Fri 30-Nov-12 13:34:01

Oooh how brilliant, I hadn't checked back for a while after initial eagerness so a really lovely surprise to see 2 posts!
Congrats to you Georgie, hope you are both doing well. Whereabouts in London were you before you moved? I spent the last 10 years in the Hammersmith/Shepherds Bush/Chiswick area - really happy here in Brighton but definitely eager to meet people as working up in London still (and falling pregnant sooner than I thought!) is keeping me from socializing locally as much as I would have liked.
I guess pre-xmas everything is a little mad but perhaps we could work towards a NY hook-up? Georgie will be an absolute pro by then and I could sure use some guidance and tips (!) and it would be great to share 'same time' experiences with you Clare.

Clare700 Mon 03-Dec-12 06:57:08

Hi - Yes, let's pencil something in for Jan!

I work from home so am able to meet up during the day, Georgie if you're around and fancy meeting up before NY I could meet you & your little one for a coffee?

Looking forward to meeting you both xx

EmmaDev74 Mon 03-Dec-12 08:22:12

Sounds great : ) I will also be working from home next Tuesday 11th as I have a midwife appointment mid morning. If a late am or pm coffee that day suited you both I will definitely make time to be around x

Clare700 Tue 04-Dec-12 06:43:07

Hey Emma,

Next Tuesday works for me, I can probably do either time am or pm - Shall we wait and see what's best for Georgie & Charlotte & then hatch a plan?

I had my 25 week midwife app yesterday and all is looking good thankfully, seems like ages since my last app so I went in there with a list of questions as long as my arm Lol! ;-) x

EmmaDev74 Tue 04-Dec-12 09:50:27

Yep, sounds like a

EmmaDev74 Tue 04-Dec-12 09:59:48

Yep, sounds like a plan. I will be finished by around 11am and free the rest of the day I should think. I will be at 7 dials medical centre but can meet wherever best suits you and Georgie.
Glad to hear everything is going well, I'm sure I should probably be asking more questions at my appointments rather than blindly stumbling thru week by week! I just can't get my head around it being a near reality at the moment! Better take some time over Xmas to focus properly on things because March will be here before we know it : )
Lets are what Georgie comes back with and go from there.
Speak soon x

Georgieandcharlotte Tue 04-Dec-12 12:01:10

Hi both,

Thanks for sending me a separate message. Completely forgot to check back on this site! I can do the 11th and am happy to meet wherever suits you best - we are getting more skilled at being out of the house now! I lived in exactly the same part of London for 13 years - I promise we won't bore you though Clare... I don't know Seven Dials that well so if you let me know a good meeting place then I will see you there.

Georgie x

EmmaDev74 Tue 04-Dec-12 12:48:39

Ah brilliant!
Will it be easier to meet somewhere a little closer to home for you Georgie, I can't speak for Clare but it will be an easy waddle for me : )
Is there a way to message more than one person privately on here so the world doesn't have to read about our plans?! I am a complete technophobe, it's embarrassing!
If not maybe continue on email?
I'll send my address to your inboxes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now