Local Talk

Bhasvic or Lewes college?

(5 Posts)
Rimsy Mon 19-Nov-12 11:52:14

Does anyone have any opinions as to which is better for academic subjects. My daughter has looked at both and is undecided. Thanks

whipple Mon 26-Nov-12 20:32:17

My DD is at Bhasvic doing 4 A levels and I am very impressed with their standard of teaching and systems etc. She is very happy and they have good library and It facilities. I have had other DC go to Varndean college and had some concerns but have had no experience of Lewes college.

Check the colleges results for the subjects your Dc is interested in doing over a several years to monitor the "trend".

Lavage Tue 04-Dec-12 22:22:05

Bhasvic is more academic than Lewes I think. It is very relaxed.

AuntSaucy Tue 15-Jan-13 02:56:04

Bit late for a reply but here's my opinion anyway. DD liked Lewes and was prepared to travel there but then looked at BHASVIC and decided this was a better option. DS looked at Varndean & BHASVIC. Was going to look at Lewes but again once he viewed BHASVIC his mind was made up.

Lewes offers a wider range of courses than the other two colleges and I liked the feel of the place when we took DD around. Varndean felt like a school which is what put both DC off. BHASVIC has just had another Ofsted and is considered 'Outstanding' in all sections. As a parent, I would concur that this is an outstanding college. The pastoral support is brilliant and the communication is also pretty good. If your DC is slacking they use a red, amber, green warning system and you are informed all the way if there's any issues.

Your child needs to go where they feel comfortable. yes BHASVIC has better results but its not all about results. it's about where they feel they fit in. Hope your DC is happy with their choice or will be happy with their choice

drystonewallchart Wed 16-Jan-13 17:52:53

I would argue that BHASVIC has 'great pastoral care' we found them to be rather less than supportive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now