Local Talk

swimming lessons

(6 Posts)
abrilsp72 Thu 22-Nov-12 14:04:32

Hello, I would like to put my two children on swimming lessons from January. My son have just started today in Surrenden pool with the school. Someone told me that the pool is quite cold. I haven't been to this pool, in fact to any of Brighton's schools so I do not know. But in the past I've always been concerned about cold pools and try to avoided, specially for the children (I am ok ;-) Anyone can recommend a pool with nice warm water to lessons, we live in preston park area if it helps. Thanks a lot for you advice

notsorockinhippy Fri 23-Nov-12 10:52:53

I have a problem with cold pools too, so totally understand where you aare coming from - my DDs school does their lessons at St Lukes pool, she has had private lessons there in the past too, which I found to be MUCH better than Prince Regents lessons, where I ended up complaining & getting a refund as they taught her absolutely nothing.

The water in St Lukes is lovely and warm - I can even comfortably swim there myself & I have a health problem that means cold pools cause me cramp, so I'd highly recommend St Lukeswink

drystonewallchart Fri 23-Nov-12 11:53:42

I second St Luke's it's a lovely pool with lovely, lovely staff.

We use brighton swim school for lessons. They are really good and have been super supportive.

abrilsp72 Fri 23-Nov-12 11:58:04

thanks for your replies. I'll check timetables for both st luke's and brighton together with transport to get there.... Someone advice me about patcham high school, anyone has tried this one? thanks

notsorockinhippy Fri 23-Nov-12 12:03:01

Glad to know they've improved drystone they were bad a few years back - I heard over half of DDs class demanded a refund due to lack of continuity & not assessing the DCs being taught.

If you do choose St Lukes abril - its close to the top of Queens park, so a lovely walk through what is in my mind the best central Brighton park & with a stop off to play & a coffee for you too to break the walk into town

Lavage Tue 04-Dec-12 22:27:35

We use Brighton Swimming School and it is great - the instructors get in the water with the dc. Friends go to St Lukes and are happy with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now