Local Talk

Mums in Brighton/Near Brighton

(11 Posts)
StaceyMair Fri 30-Nov-12 16:44:21

Hi all,
I live in Brighton and have a 5month old daughter. Would love to meet other mums for chat and for my little girl to make some friends smile

stacey

Georgieandcharlotte Tue 04-Dec-12 12:03:43

We went to the mother and baby group yesterday above Little Dippers on Upper Gardner Street. It was a great place to meet people and most of the babies were around the 5-6 month age. Why don't you come along next week. It is from 1-2.30pm.

StaceyMair Tue 04-Dec-12 19:56:18

Hiya that sounds great smile Don't suppose you'd want to meet me near there before going in would you? Bit shy starting new places on my own haha x

SmudgedBanana Tue 04-Dec-12 20:50:42

Hi Stacey, I have a 5 nearly 6 month old son, we are just outside of Brighton but travel into town often. What sort of things do you like to do?

StaceyMair Wed 05-Dec-12 17:01:35

Hiya smile I don't mind anything really, walks along beach when it's warmer, grabbing lunch or a coffee in town etc smile What about you?

Georgieandcharlotte Thu 13-Dec-12 22:21:28

Sorry for the delay, haven't checked back on this site for ages! I'll be going on Monday. It starts at 1pm so happy to meet you there at 12.55pm and go in together. I'll be there with a yellow bugaboo bee. I probably won't remember to check this board beforehand so send me a private message if you want and I will see that.

Duck75 Sun 03-Feb-13 09:08:20

Hi, we are moving to Brighton (by Blakers Park) and I wondered what local half term activities or meet ups there are (kids aged 2 & 6)? We can’t wait to live in Brighton (where my dad’s family is from) but my 6 year old is really sad to be leaving her friends, and so I know I will need to keep her busy.... Oh and we haven’t got a place at a local school yet which is making life interesting! Considering Windlesham as an alternative, looks like a lovely school, would be great if there are any Yr 1 or other parents out there who would be happy to have a quick chat!

Mabsywest Tue 05-Feb-13 14:20:47

come to the meet up later this month? sat 23 jan - look in meet up section..

Ruthrosewell Sat 23-Feb-13 00:13:44

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

dollypops Sun 24-Feb-13 18:38:04

Duck75 - just saw your message above. We're also seriously considering moving to Preston Park (Blakers Park) area and are coming down from London in the next few days to have a look at houses. I also have a son in Yr 1 who would be v. sad to leave his friends (and a 3 year old) but just wondering whether the situation with schools improved for you or just a general overview. Would hope to get him into Downs/ Balfour but sounds like it's really hard - and can't go private. Any thoughts or info from anyone local would be great. Thanks so much.

ponked Tue 26-Feb-13 14:16:53

dollypops both those schools are oversubscribed but going into reception you should get a space in one of them if you live near blakers park (obviously the closer you are to your 1st choice the better chance you have). Going in at Yr 1 however, I don't know but I would imagine it'll be more difficult & I have no idea what the waiting lists are.
You might want to consider Hertford Infants which is a lovely small school. People get put off because the Junior school isn't as good (apparently - I have no direct experience) but it might be a good move for you in the meantime whilst waiting for a place at Downs/Balfour

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now