Local Talk

drama classes for infant age kids

(6 Posts)
goldstonemum Tue 11-Dec-12 11:55:42

Hi, hope someone can help me please!

I would like to try my daughter at a drama class in the new year. She can be underconfident in groups of kids so I would rather avoid a very full-on "stageshow" type of place full of precocious wannabes!

Has anyone got any recommendations for somewhere preferably in Hove or at least quite local to us in BN3.

Thanks in advance!

brightonmermaid Mon 24-Dec-12 08:07:02

Drama Queens is very good...

brightonmermaid Mon 24-Dec-12 08:07:56

There is also one called ACT but not sure where it's classes are now - they used to be at Happy Cell. It was lovely and not at all showbizzy

AnnsWell Sat 05-Jan-13 17:29:03

how old is your dd?

Magic moves is fab for 2-4 yr olds

goldstonemum Mon 14-Jan-13 21:51:21

thanks everyone. my daughter will be 6 in april. do the groups actually do drama (obvs i don't literally mean putting on plays etc, but more than just a bit of dancing around and pretending to be a fairy?!)

thanks for the help!

notsorockinhippy Tue 22-Jan-13 15:08:00

My DD goes to AKT & yes it is great, she loves is & it was great for her confidence after a spate of bullying by girls in her school, but I believe they closed the Hove kids branch down quite recently, but not certain so still worth asking. They also do a show at the end of every term, my own DD loves that about it, she likes to be working towards something, but she's no stage school brat type & I've not noticed that any of the kids in her class are either, but I think they might start taking them at 8, they did when we first looked at getting palace for DD, they changed when they opened the shove group, but not sure now it's back to Rock Gardens - it can be difficult to get a place though, took s a long while, so worth putting your DDs name down early -

the other thing I would suggest is putting her in for one of the holiday schools first - we started by putting DD in for AKT summer school, they run for a week at a time, think there's an Easter one too, but check there website - the beauty of doing this is, you see if your DD likes it, without committing yourself to a terms worth of fees, HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now