Local Talk

Youth Clubs or Similar in Central Brighton ???

(3 Posts)
notsorockinhippy Mon 28-Jan-13 13:45:06

I'm wondering if anyone has a list or knows of a list of YC or other clubs along those lines in the area - I'm needing to move my DD from the one she goes too now - its fantastic but something has come up that makes it impossible for me to want her to continue there, for the time being at least, however she is going to be gutted, so I need a back up & so far not really finding much on google & I'm sure there must be more.

Would anyone know of anything, more of a hang out, chill out, but if theres activities involved too, thats fine, but important they have time to hang out & feel "grown up & in charge of themselves" grin, so nothing too structured - shes 10

TIA

drystonewallchart Tue 29-Jan-13 16:58:05

Have you tried the youth club on Edward Street? I have only used it for parties but friends kids go to the skate boarding and dance sessions there and they seem to like it.

Or maybe have a look around for a film club, if she is into that sort of thing. I know there used to be one called the light house or something like that.

Or try the library they may do something along those lines.

Hope you find something. It's great when they have somewhere they can go and just be themselves and not have too many demands on them.

notsorockinhippy Tue 29-Jan-13 22:07:15

Thanks drystone

She does already go to BYC which is the one you mention on Edward St, & yes it is great - but sadly something's come up that means we just don't feel it's safe for her to go anymore, thats not to say theres anything wrong with BYC they have been fantastic there & we are really gutted to have to find somewhere else & know she will be too sad - we are hoping that if we can find her an alternative before we have to tell her - hoping it will sweeten it a bit.

Your film club idea is a good one though, I will look into that - thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now