Local Talk

St Bartholomew's School

(7 Posts)
heading4brighton Mon 25-Feb-13 18:09:40

Hi!

We're moving to Brighton soon with our 1yr old, and were pleased to find that the local Primary- St Bartholomew's- has an "outstanding" rating.

But I've been looking on here, and have read some comments about "avoiding it like the plague".

Does anyone have any insight here? Is it not as good as the OFSTED sounds?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

PaWithABra Sat 02-Mar-13 23:24:46

Its in an area which has poor people.

notsorockinhippy Tue 05-Mar-13 14:44:46

It's a few years out of date, so it cold well have changed, but our friends DCs were there for a while & it let them all down pretty badly, the DS is Autistic - just bad behaviour according to St Barts, he thrived once he was moved from there as Sid his siblings, but like I say, that could well be out of date as he is now in secondary school

notsorockinhippy Tue 05-Mar-13 14:47:16

It's in an area that has poor people hmm trolls in town

heading4brighton Wed 27-Mar-13 10:22:14

Thanks for comments- I guess we'll just have to investigate nearer the time smile

Lavage Wed 24-Apr-13 11:04:05

It is a really lovely school, with some wonderful staff and very good teaching - hence the outstanding OFSTED. The main issue is that it isn't in a nice area (the London Road is pretty awful) and it draws its pupils from a very wide area so you don't get the community feel you get from other schools.

looloolollie Sat 27-Apr-13 12:57:58

my daughter goes there and is very happy. The teachers are good and the things they do are fun, it is a mixture of families and there are some children with difficulties but I don't have a problem with that - she still learns well and has good friends. You have to have a look for yourself and see what suits your own children I guess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now