Local Talk

Book group

(6 Posts)
SlummyofHove Fri 22-Mar-13 18:00:07

Hello,

Just wondering if any of you know of any good book groups in Hove that are open to new members, or if anyone fancies starting one up? I had my son at the end of last year so I'm looking for a more intellectual pursuit that I can easily fit around him and that will encourage me to take a bit of time for myself every month or so!

Thanks.

Mcnorton Mon 15-Apr-13 13:20:01

Have you tried the Brighton and Hove libraries website? www.brighton-hove-rpml.org.uk/Libraries/reading_and_writing_groups2/Pages/Adultreadinggroups.aspx
They list reading groups and there is a waiting list (if no spaces) to get yourself on. They have a website for members here too: bhlibbookgroups.proboards.com/index.cgi

sasspuss17 Mon 15-Apr-13 13:30:48

Hi, I am in a great book club based in Hove; pm me if you're still looking.

WilliamPoet Mon 22-Apr-13 20:42:44

I'm also in a lovely book group based in Hove, specifically Poets Corner, PM if you're local smile

ababycalledbrian Sun 12-May-13 21:18:02

Hello, can I piggyback on this too? OP I also had my DS at the end of last year (late Nov), am new to the area and am just starting to try to remember how to use my braincells for things non-baby related. If you have found / would like to start a group then I'd definitely be in.

ababycalledbrian Wed 05-Jun-13 08:31:12

WilliamPoet just wondering if you got my PM about the book group? I sent my details but didn't hear back. Not to worry if you're busy / the meeting didn't happen etc, just wondering if my PM actually reached you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now