Local Talk

Unknown

(4 Posts)
Smooches Wed 03-Jul-13 09:01:10

Hi all, my friend lives near Aldrington station and put Goldstone as her first choice. She wasn't given it and got her 3rd choice instead. She is absolutely gutted about this. Is there anyone on here that lives in that area-ish that got the same school? Do you think it's worth an appeal? She felt so happy with the school and it's warm feel she didn't get this with the other two apparently but had to put two other choices down.

Kcubs1 Thu 04-Jul-13 22:00:12

Hello - if you go to the below link you can see the school catchment distance for the last year and the walking distance from your house to various schools - just enter your postcode.

The catchment for Goldstone was 1,310 metres. I also live near aldrington station and am 1,500 from the school so that's probably why she didn't get it. I'm not sure she would have grounds for appeal if that is the case as obviously that's just how they draw the line.

http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/content/children-and-education/school-admissions

taczilla Fri 05-Jul-13 22:05:28

An appeal won't help unless she has grounds however it is worth going on the waiting list as a lot happens over the summer not all children take up the place.

Smooches Mon 08-Jul-13 13:57:42

Thank you both, I shall have a look at that link and print it out for her. She has asked to be out in the waiting list and also put in an appeal. Hopefully something does come up during the summer. Thanks again Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now