Local Talk

Is Hangleton a nice place to bring up a family?

(3 Posts)
Emma012 Thu 11-Jul-13 14:13:23

Hello,

We're thinking of making the move to Hove/nearby next year from London. DD will be 3 at the time so also need to think about good schools.

Just trying to suss out areas, any comments on Hangleton/West Blatchington greatly received (we like the fact we can get a big garden and garage in these places)

Thanks

Emma

taczilla Wed 24-Jul-13 09:16:05

Hi Emma I am about to move there as my children go to Goldstone which is a fantastic school it is full of families and indeed has lovely gardens. The north bit is quite far out but closer to the bottom end is fine. So I can't really say what it is like but I am confident it will be lovely. Avoid West Blatch perhaps and do visit Goldstone .

Nexus6 Mon 05-Aug-13 00:55:08

Hello we liveon the boarder of west hove and hangleton. By the grenadier pub. It's a great area for parks so many hidden away, our house is way more spacious than anything we could afford in hove, so glad we moved here.

The people are fine, we haven't had any issues and we're by a big pub! I like the fact there are amenities close by. I can't say about schools yet as dd is only a newborn. I did however go to blatchington mill school as a teen and it is one of the best schools in Brighton very good education. I also hear that hove park has dramatically improved and is now a big competitor to blatchington mill.

I also read they are planning to build a junior school by hove park and I have also heard that they are building houses and schools where that big grassland area as you drive towards the motorway (ugh sorry the name of the road escapes me).

There are 'chavs' here but this isn't moulsecoomb or whitehawk!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now