Local Talk

Childminder / small nursery recommendations in Poets Corner / Aldrington area?

(9 Posts)
ababycalledbrian Thu 25-Jul-13 13:13:43

Does anyone have any recommendations along these lines that they could offer? We were going to put out baby into My First Word but they're moving further towards Portslade so it's less convenient for us. I'm looking for a set up that is small, friendly, creative, gets the children out and active etc. We live near Stoneham Park so around there or between there and Hove station would be ideal. Any thoughts very gratefully received.

gardener321 Thu 01-Aug-13 19:09:15

Hello
My children all attended Deepdene Nursery (and now attend Deepdene School) and they all had a really happy and productive time. It has a really homely feel, lots of mature and experienced staff and very low staff turnover (compared to other Nurseries we looked at) - all of which is beneficial for small children. Also it is not part of a chain which means the Head really knows and cares about the children and can shape the way the Nursery is run accordingly. My children were in Linda's Toddler Room, Mrs Mullock's Lower Nursery Class and then Mrs Gane's Upper Nursery Class and I think all three were fantastic teachers and carers! Hope that is helpful. x

ababycalledbrian Tue 06-Aug-13 07:06:25

Thanks very much Gardener - I'll check that out

WilliamPoet Fri 09-Aug-13 20:40:18

Hi Brian,
Deepdene is a school with a nursery department so will be closed during school holidays, may not be what you're looking for.

I don't know nurseries near here unfortunately - our DD is about to leave Supersaurus and we've been v happy with that, they have Tinysaurus nearer you, I don't know how big the baby unit is. They have a really caring approach and generally ace everything.

Other friends have been happy with Angmering day nursery near the big Tesco on Church Rd, quite small.

Applepicker Fri 09-Aug-13 21:41:26

I use Hopscotch on Portland Road, maybe a bit bigger than you're hoping for but it has a friendly free, smallish numbers and the kids get taken to local parks regularly. DC love it there

Kcubs1 Tue 13-Aug-13 23:28:20

I've also heard good things about home from home on new church road. Right next door they are also opening a brand new something (?!) 'saurus' part of the same chain mentioned above.

ababycalledbrian Fri 16-Aug-13 13:32:07

Thanks all. I had a look round Hopscotch and was impressed. I was just hoping for something a bit smaller. The problem is that my commute means that I also want something close to home to make things easier, but I'm realising now that, unless I can find a fab childminder on my doorstep, then I'm asking the earth!

donskipops Fri 16-Aug-13 19:55:07

Hi, I am an Ofsted registered childminder who works with an assistant and has a small number of children to care for in my own home. I live up by Dyke Road so not right on your door step but parking is easy if you have a car. I have a lovely home and child friendly garden. My number is 07908549356 if you would like to discuss. Thanks Donna King

gardener321 Sat 17-Aug-13 10:47:31

Hello again
William Poet is not correct to say Deepdene Nursery is closed during school holidays. It is attached to Deepdene School but the Nursery runs all year round and my children attended all year round. Hope that's helpful and that you find a nice nursery or childminder x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now