Local Talk

Nurseries in Lewes

(4 Posts)
Bluesskyandclouds Thu 08-Aug-13 10:37:07

Hello, probably moving to Lewes in the new year, will need nursery places from Spring for my 3 year old and baby. I'll need full day ones - so far I've found three - Old School House, Busy Bees and Stepping Stones. Am I missing any, also any feedback on these would be great! Thanks

Nikadi Fri 09-Aug-13 18:31:04

There is one called Jigsaw on Westgate Street, and a Montessori on De Montford Road (I think that may the the Old School one). I've heard good things about the Montessori and vastly differing opinions on Jigsaw, but not anything about the other two.

needsleeep Mon 12-Aug-13 22:23:03

From talking to lots of people (but no direct experience): Stepping Stones is new and beautifully furnished, seems well run but no outside space. Old School House montessori (apparently isn't really a montessori) is said to be a bit odd and the place smells of damp. Busy Bees - seems OK. Jigsaw lots of people love - looks a bit shabby but very caring. Nice garden. Hope that bit of hearsay helps!

Bluesskyandclouds Wed 14-Aug-13 10:12:53

Thanks both - that's really helpful. I think Old School House will be too far away anyway as we will be in Malling and won't have a car at first. I'll set up visits with the others. Surprised to find they are all more expensive than our current one here in London!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now