Local Talk

commuting from Preston Park - advice welcomed!

(3 Posts)
clare48 Sun 11-Aug-13 12:34:02

Hello,

This is my first Brighton and Hove post; like many before us we are moving to Brighton, from London, in the next few months.

My husband works at home, so not a problem for him, but i'll be commuting to London four days a week.

We're going to be looking at houses in a few areas incl. Fiveways, Preston Circus & Hanover, so need to think about the pros and cons of Brighton vs Preston Park as starting stations, and i wondered if anyone has experience of the Preston Park commute that they would be willing to share? Will i need to buy a first class season ticket to be able to guarantee a seat if i get on the train at Preston Park?

Any guidance or info welcomed! smile

OnlyinBrighton Mon 12-Aug-13 20:07:46

The problem with Preston Park is that there are fewer trains than from Brighton. It also means you won't be able to get the excellent 50-odd minute off-peak trains that whizz past the smaller stops.

However, there is a "back route" to Brighton station so if you live in the right bit of Fiveways (bottom of Beaconsfield/ Havelock/ Waldegrave etc) it won't take much longer to walk than from PP

clare48 Mon 26-Aug-13 09:22:53

thanks OnlyInBrighton, that's really helpful to know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now