Local Talk

playgroups in Hove?

(5 Posts)
Susanbrown6027 Wed 28-Aug-13 21:00:17

Hi there, Just moved down to Hove from London. I have an 8 month old and a 3 1/2 year old who will be starting up nursery in the mornings, so am looking for activities to do with the baby in the morning and a few activities for the 3 1/2 year old in the afternoons. Any great playgroups or classes anyone can recommend? Also looking for gymnastics for my older daughter. Thanks!

brightonmermaid Mon 02-Sep-13 19:52:55

I'm out of the loop for younger kids but contact Brighton and Hove Gymnastics Club asap as they are really good and have a waiting list!
http://www.bhgym.co.uk/

Susanbrown6027 Tue 03-Sep-13 19:50:39

Thanks brightonmermaid. will check them out!

AnnsWell Wed 25-Sep-13 17:41:14

Tadpoles at the Holland Road Baptist Church on Tuesdays or Thursdays is a bit of a local institution. You'll meet lots of great parents.

ababycalledbrian Thu 26-Sep-13 07:49:28

I moved down with my 10mo about 6 months ago and had a similar challenge. The ones I like are: mum and baby group every Tuesday morning at 11.30 at the Conway Court Children's Centre; Weds morning 10am a nice playgroup for preschool and toddlers at Holy Cross church on corner of Stoneham Park; and at Hove Methodist Church on Portland Rd there's Little Pickle Music Makers on Weds and Thurs mornings and Fri pm 2-4 they have Polka Tots playgroup. If you are thinking of trying any of these and want a friendly face then feel free to PM me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now