Local Talk

Advice on living around Brunswick Place

(7 Posts)
Ava10 Sun 01-Sep-13 19:12:41

Hello,
I am living in London but DH has just got a job in Brighton so we are seriously considering moving.

I was looking online at places to rent in Hove particularly and there quite a few come up that are around Brunswick square and place that are very well priced for what you can get. They are also near Davigdor school and presumably withing the catchment area. This all appeals to me.

I was just wondering if there is a reason the properties seem very nice for the price compared to others in Hove? Is is unappealing for any reason? Would it be a good place for a family?

-other good primary schools nearby?

thanks

Susanbrown6027 Sun 01-Sep-13 20:42:24

Hi there,

We just moved to the area from London as well and are not far from Brunswick Square. It seems lovely and has a great view of the seaside. It is a bit closer to the busy and more touristy area of Brighton vs. the quieter end of Hove - so all depends on where you want to be! Good luck with the move

Susanbrown6027 Sun 01-Sep-13 20:43:48

Forgot to mention that there is loads for families and I am not sure about the Catchement since our 3 1/2 year old is going to Deepdene which is independent. I have heard good things about St Christopher's though.

Ava10 Mon 02-Sep-13 07:42:27

Thanks Susanbrown6027 - I have just spent a week staying in Hove, so had a chance to check out the areas. That area isn't to busy for me I think. I just wondered if many families lived round there, as I as staying near the lagoon which is very family oriented.

Are there things you miss about London? Do you come to London much?

Susanbrown6027 Mon 02-Sep-13 18:17:57

Hmmm...hard to say since it is still early days. We miss friends of course in London, but there is so much for kids here in Hove and Brighton is brilliant for shopping, restaurants etc. The draw of the seaside I guess replaces the culture of the museums etc. in London. It feels like a calmer pace here for kids, but I suppose it is all what you like. We moved for my husband's job so I had to embrace it smile

brightonmermaid Mon 02-Sep-13 20:32:52

Brunswick square is wonderful and there is an annual festival there which is very child friendly and of course is near the sea/ seafront playground.

oldzmum Wed 04-Sep-13 11:53:09

We moved to Brighton three years ago and having done cover teaching in local schools...have to say Davigdor is brilliant. They have such a hard working, committed and caring staff and the children are great too. Do check though, with the school that there are places. Brighton is generally oversubscribed and Davigdor is very popular. Good luck! PS- we love living in Brighton!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now