Meet Up Living in Rottingdean

(13 Posts)
sukieiup95 Sun 18-Jan-15 20:37:08

Hello all! I'm an American living in Rottingdean. My family and I just arrived Saturday morning and I know nothing about the area. I have a 5-year-old boy (who I'm hoping to enroll in a primary school) and a 2-year-old boy. I'm an older mom at 42, but very young at heart. Let me know if you're willing to show me around!

BrightonVeryBreezy Tue 27-Jan-15 21:53:27

I want to wish you good luck - my small person days are well and truly behind me - Rottingdean is lovely. My parents used to have the old fashioned sweet shop there a few years ago so I know it quite well.

el34 Fri 30-Jan-15 15:24:41

Hi sukie
I live in woodingdean.I have a 9 month old.Would be happy to meet up for a coffee or a walk along the under cliff .I hope you're settling in well

LizMay29 Sun 01-Feb-15 12:14:20

Hi Sukie, I live in Rottingdean and am expecting my first baby in June. I know it's a way away but keep me in mind, I'd definitely be interested in getting to know other mums in the area smile

sukieiup95 Tue 03-Feb-15 13:40:31

Hello there! I'm not getting my e-mail notifications so I apologize for not getting back right away. I would love if we could all meet up somewhere. I'm a tea drinker, but I don't know any good coffee/tea shops! Please message me if either of you are interested in hanging out. I am so bored right now and would love companionship!

Nikadi Wed 04-Feb-15 22:00:08

Hi Sukie smile

We're having a local meet up on the 21st of Feb, it's usually no kids but its great fun! There's a good range of us age-wise too.

We have a thread on the Meet-ups section, everybody is welcome, I'm not a parent but go along anyway ;)

Joolx79 Wed 11-Mar-15 19:09:39

Hi Liz May 29 (and others),

I just stumbled upon this thread as I am interested in meeting other mums/ to be. I am due in mid July and would love to meet up as we are probably in similar stages of pregnancy (well obviously your a month ahead of me smile I am also based in Rottingdean. Let me know if your interested and we can arrange a date for tea and cake and bumps (at the open art cafe? )

Also does anybody know of any baby/ toddler groups in Rottingdean? thankx girls.

sukieiup95 Tue 24-Mar-15 22:22:50

Joolx79, I just started going to a few groups. The second and fourth Monday (excluding holidays), the Rottingdean library has a baby/toddler free play/sing along at 10 am (it's free). In Woodingdean at the Church of the Holy Cross (I think that's the name), there's a music group on Wednesdays at 9:30 and 10:30. There's a small charge. Then on Thursdays in Ovingdean at the Village Hall, there's a free play and sing along at 10:00 and there's a small charge (but the kids get a snack at the end). My son had fun at all of these groups.

katie19831 Fri 27-Mar-15 14:21:17

Hi! I've tried posting on here using the mumsnet app, but found it useless, so am hoping I will have better luck on the website! My name's Katie I'm 31 and a ftm to a gorgeous 3 month old boy. We live in peacehaven so not far from you guys. Would love to join in a meet up and meet more mums and little ones! X

TomTumTum Sat 30-May-15 23:00:26

hi there i live in woodingdean and am looking for some playdates and meetups with other mums of children in the area esp at weekends and holidays. My little boy is almost 5 and loves to play with others. Anyone on this thread still looking for friends and meetups? i would love to hear from you!

LikeCandy Wed 11-Nov-15 07:46:07

Hello all!
We will be rottingdean residents from Easter-ish.
My daughter will be 3 by then and we'll be keen to leap feet first into any/all local activities!
Thought I was join this thread now and get a head start ??

luisaluisa Tue 19-Jan-16 12:22:56

Hi I'm in Saltdean. Have recently moved here. Mum to 3 month old daughter. Would love to meet up with other Mum's around this area.

Lisa2016 Mon 09-May-16 08:31:58

Hi, I'm moving to Rottingdean next week with my 14 year old daughter. Can anyone recommend things to do in the area for teens?

She'll be starting at Hove Park school so meeting some people locally would be great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now