Is Brighton/Hove nicer than SE/SW?

(4 Posts)
lamii Mon 01-Aug-16 22:19:56

We are a couple of creative, both in age of having kids, passionate about art, freelancers, and currently living in Stockholm. We would like to move back to either London (Sutton, Bromley) or Brighton/Hove. We have a budget of 350K cash. Could you give tell me if you think Hove (or parts of Brighton) might be better than Sutton or Bromley? That might be an odd question! Thanks for your help.

sianihedgehog Tue 02-Aug-16 14:27:28

It's more liberal and more "young". More nightlife, more gay people. Whether it's "nicer" really depends on what you want. Why not try visiting each for a long weekend before deciding?

Scootagal Mon 10-Oct-16 15:13:27

I live in Lewisham near the Bromley borders. Bromley is nice....Beckenham is nice.....but as the other poster suggests - it depends what you want. We are thinking of moving to Brighton (I previously lived there after university) as I think as somewhere I want to stay for a long time, Brighton ticks more boxes and I don't want to uproot our son once he starts school so am trying to make a similar decision. Commuting and work is the main concern - but it's also quite difficult to leave the London bubble now that we're in it! But we're trying to see beyond house prices and thinking long term happiness and I think Brighton might be the answer!

LIZS Mon 10-Oct-16 15:20:40

Parts of Brighton and Hove would have a more bohemian vibe than suburbs. However much is very similar in terms of housing stock and lifestyle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now