After School Childminding - help

(4 Posts)
pgreen Wed 14-Sep-16 09:48:02

Hi I am hoping someone can give me some advice. I'm a complete novice and need some help. I need to find a childminder who will pick up my DS from his new school 3 days a week and "mind him" until 6pm+. I have no idea how to go about finding one. He started school last week and so far its seems to all be mums at the pick and no childminders!!

Up until now his crèche looked after him till 6pm so this is new territory for me.

Anyone know a good place to look or a good place to place an advert.

nightcaps Wed 14-Sep-16 17:19:41

Not much help on the childminder front as we had the same problem and never managed to find anyone - but depending on which school it is, would after school clubs be an option? Most of the schools have one and they're usually open till 6, generally cheaper than a childminder too.

sianihedgehog Thu 15-Sep-16 09:49:41

Hiya, the council have a list of all the registered childminders in the city. I used to find ones in convenient locations with the availability I needed then looked up their contact details on the council list. Then I went and met a few and picked the one who got on best with my boy.

coffeecups Thu 15-Sep-16 19:10:52

You could try tinies. They provide registered childminders. Most of the council approved ones will already be booked for this school year already.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now