Local Talk

childrens parties

(24 Posts)
mrsstronghorse Thu 14-Oct-10 21:16:01

does anyone have ideas for children's parties? I have had firestation visits and been to softplays and had countless trips to the miniature railway at Aston Court. My children will be seven and five this time around. Ideally I'd like something not too expensive and outdoors but different as I'm bored with same old same old. I have two boys but they both have mixed groups of friends

runmeragged Thu 14-Oct-10 21:23:30

I'd like to know this too!

exexpat Thu 14-Oct-10 21:31:26

Avon Valley Country Park would probably go down well with those ages - animals, very good playground (and indoor play if wet), trampolines, mini train ride, I think go-karts etc.

Or Bristol Zoo with a go on the Zooropia high-ropes course (age 5 plus).

The Bristol Climbing Centre does good party packages but all the guests have to be at least 6 years old. Or from about age 7 Laserquest or the similar place down in Avonmouth seem to be very popular for boys' parties.

Does it have to be outdoors? Soft play hell means they do it for you and it's over in a couple of hours, try www.playspace.co.uk at St. Philips. Can you tell I ^hate* kids' parties?

scrummiemummie Mon 18-Oct-10 19:26:30

Have you tried Go Wild? They do den building parties

mrsstronghorse Mon 18-Oct-10 20:34:00

We've been away for the weekend. Thanks for all your ideas. I'd forgotten about Laserquest. great idea. What is Go Wild? is it like GO APE! but for kids?

scrummiemummie Mon 18-Oct-10 21:13:48

No, it's not like Go Ape as far as I know. My friend did it for her son. She said the people there did everything and the kids wouldn't stop talking about it when they got home. She was a bit apprehensive about the cold and rain but the kids didn't seem to care. I'll ask her for the web address and more details tomorrow

scrummiemummie Fri 22-Oct-10 13:45:13

Web address is www.gowildeducation.co.uk

EmmaRachel Mon 10-Jan-11 12:41:39

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

LilyBolero Mon 10-Jan-11 12:42:57

Bristol Hawks gymnastic parties are fab!

MargaretGraceBondfield Mon 10-Jan-11 12:48:46

You can't beat a large hall and team games for cheap fun, do hot dogs and ice cream cones for the least mess and fuss for food!!

MargaretGraceBondfield Mon 10-Jan-11 12:51:00

Go wild?

I think some friends of ours did a go wild party for their little boy. Lots of mucking about in the woods, hunting for dragons and building dens. All good famous five type of stuff. I'm sure I can get more details if you're interested.

csikids Tue 08-Mar-11 19:28:54

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

mrsstronghorse Mon 18-Jul-11 21:35:00

Mr S took the boys to Go Wild! with a mixed group. It was a bit of a trek to a wood outside Bath but the boys land thier friends oved it- they did dragon hunting and den building and we provided pizza (cold) and cake. Thanks for the recommendation.

scrummiemummie Wed 18-Jan-12 16:16:00

Had a fantastic party at Go Wild this weekend. We were really lucky with the weather but there was still a lot of mud about - the kids loved it though. We had 16 7-year-olds doing den building. I did wonder whether it would be chaos with so many but the lady running the party is really calm and organised and the kids respond well to that. They were totally engaged the whole way through and the activities were made fun but safe. Definitely good if you want something different - all I've heard about since Sunday are dragons, badgers and foxes!

erikacoja Thu 29-Nov-12 20:55:54

You could try Go Kart Party. They do excellent parties for 4-9 in safe but fun electric go-karts in a "bouncy castle" type environment.

ooarmehearties Thu 29-Nov-12 21:02:18

cotswold farm park ?

LindaPickLinda Wed 27-Feb-13 00:48:32

My 4-yr old daughter went to one of these recently. She loved it and I thought it was really good. I think they take kids up to 10yrs.

LindaPickLinda Wed 27-Feb-13 00:49:15

Ooops - new to this! I was referring to a go kart party.

LouBear Thu 28-Feb-13 11:32:51

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

MWoods Tue 26-Mar-13 18:53:13

I'm an underwater photographer if you're hiring a pool for a party around Wiltshire!
I work in a well known holiday park and kids love it - they're like inquisitive seals!
markwoods.daportfolio.com

LittleRockersSoftPlay Wed 27-Mar-13 14:43:31

Have a look at forest schools. Little Badgers looks great and is based in Leigh Woods. There's also The Playbus - a soft play double decker that will come to your house.

Failing that, you could always hire soft play equipment for a garden party or hall. I'm not allowed to recommend a company though ;)

djkoolkids Mon 17-Jun-13 08:54:31

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now