Anyone in Portishead??? Toddler groups

(6 Posts)
Kittytickle Fri 17-Dec-10 21:33:49

Hello There,

We just moved into the Village Quarter in all it's uniform glory a month ago.

I have a toddler, Sam who's 2 1/2. We'd love some company now and again with a local Mum or two. Some local knowledge would be good too.

I also have a seven year old, Harry who has just started the scarily religious Trinty School around the corner. All the other mum's are already established pal, so I want someone to hang out and have a laugh with. If anyone fancies a brew, kids playing type thing, drop me a line,

crumpetsolo Mon 03-Jan-11 14:43:45

There is a great gym that does a toddler session on Tuesday and Friday mornings, can't quite remember the name but should pop up in google.

SaggyHairyArse Mon 03-Jan-11 18:59:58

The gym is the Academy of Gymnastics, it is not far from the VQ. On a Tuesday morn it is Sticky Fingers at the Community Centre where they do painting and stuff as well as playgroup. On a Mon/Wed/Fri the Brewsters pub (Gordano Gate) is open from 10am for preschoolers.

I usually go to Sticky Fingers on a Tuesday and my mate comes too who has a just 3 year old, is pregnant with No3 and who has a DD at Trinity. Pop in and ask Gerry who Jo and Caro are and she will introduce you :-)

Kittytickle Sun 09-Jan-11 21:14:57

Thanks Crumpetsolo and SaggyHairyArse,

I will definitely try those things for my boy. Is the Community Centre Sommerset Hall or the Children's centre?

He will love getting into all that

Tyandromesmum Wed 09-Feb-11 15:23:12

Hi, there are a few toddler groups
Youth centre mon - fri 9.30-2.30 (Tue 12.30)
Brewsters wed and fri 10-12
and the best one is the children;s centre up west hill wed 12.30- 2.30, where everyone is very friendly.Hope this helps

tigerwoods Wed 15-Jun-16 16:25:25

Hi there me and my little family are new to portishead.
We love it here! my little girl is 5 months old and my partner is at work full time.
im looking for mother and baby clubs can anyone please help?
i am also looking to make friends.
Many thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now