Local Talk

Can anyone recommend a ballet school in Bristol?

(7 Posts)
tallulah Sun 13-Nov-11 09:31:32

I've googled and found a few but we haven't been here long enough to have figured out the reputation of each.

Looking for one with a reasonable standard of teaching but where the teacher isn't a dragon, for 4 yo.

Runoutofideas Mon 14-Nov-11 15:42:23

My daughter (6) goes to the Bristol School of Dancing in Clifton. She has done it for a term and seems to enjoy it. I think the school has a reputation for being very traditional but my dd certainly doesn't find the teacher scary.

I was put off the Westbury Park one as they have a performance weekend which involves them doing shows on I think the Fri, Saturday and twice on Sunday or something similar. It all seemed rather a lot for small children to me.

tallulah Mon 14-Nov-11 19:18:09

Thank you

PermanentlyOnEdge Tue 06-Dec-11 15:13:00

Hello, my dc is 4 and goes to the Russian Ballet School in Bedminster. They have a lovely teacher who is a nursery teacher weekdays. They do 'proper' ballet, and I have to 'watch me do pliés' etc. We had gone to the Clifton school previously but it was more like, let's pretend to be a butterfly and skipping around. I guess you have to work out which style will suit your child best. Dc adores this class and hated the Clifton one. Hope this helps.

dancer55 Sat 13-Oct-12 12:41:03

Hi, I would just like to say that the Performances are only held once every two years, also that it is not compulsory for the children to take part. The children generally love this weekend however, and cherish the memories of dancing on a 'real stage' and watching the 'big girls' dance.
Westbury Park School has been established for 12 years now, and is a continuation of Bettie Vowles School of Dance which was running for 60 years prior to this. The School has an excellent reputation and achieves wonderful exam results.

mam29 Sun 14-Oct-12 12:58:45

depends where you live we do 344 dance school based dance station fishponds but do lessons emersons green-But dd only does baby ballet and is 3 and teacher seems nice.

tallulah Sun 14-Oct-12 13:08:22

Thanks but this is a zombie thread. I started it almost a year ago and DD has been going to ballet since Easter (Wingfield school)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now