Local Talk

Muslim mum of a 5 month old in Brislington, Bristol

(2 Posts)
Raifsmum Mon 30-Apr-12 10:26:04

Hello, I have recently moved to the Bristol area from London and I am missing belonging to a community.I moved here after getting married smile I have made some lovely friends whilst here but I would love to hear from any other mummies who share the same cultural values etc. I am not a particularly strict muslim but I would like my little boy to have access to muslim friends as I did when I was growing up. Both my husband and I are born in the UK but our parents are originally from pakistan. Hoping to meet any mums in a similar situation inshallah smile

Summy12 Sat 19-Jan-13 23:06:11

Hi!! I have been living in Bristol for the past two years. I am also in a similar situation to you! I have a 7 month old baby girl, I find it very lonely here as I have no family and am finding it a BIG struggle to make friends I have met alot of nice people but they just don't bother to stay in touch or make the effort sad don't know if you have experienced anything similar? I am originally from Birmingham and i do miss the community there so I know exactly how you feel. Alhamdulillah I am a muslim. Where abouts in bristol are you living? Im in eastville.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now