Local Talk

Worrying about primaries in Henleaze / Horfield / WOT

(6 Posts)
emoo777 Tue 22-May-12 16:15:02

We are in a funny location where kids seem to go to a whole variety of schools and I am not sure where we will stand for admission in 2014 (I know, I always worry well in advance). I know our chances of getting into Henleaze are slim so was hoping for some reassurance about Horfield / St Ursulas schools. Any parents out there with experiences of these schools?

OlderNotWiser Tue 22-May-12 16:21:52

Horfield C of E is totally fab. Really pleased my DCs are there. Just got fab ofsted too.

Runoutofideas Sun 27-May-12 19:01:31

I think St Ursula's seems to have taken the pressure off a bit this year. I haven't heard of anyone being offered the traditionally "must avoid" schools. I know people with children at Horfield, Henleaze, Elmlea and Westbury and they are all pretty happy with their schools. I don't know anyone currently at St Ursula's to be able to comment either way. I would suggest looking round next year and see what impression you get. Also, on the council's admissions booklet it gives the information about the furthest distance offered which may be helpful for you.

xkcdfangirl Mon 28-May-12 19:41:29

Horfield can be quite tricky to get into too, depends on your year group. I have a friend who moved from 370 metres away to 320 metres away because the 370metres house wasn't a dead cert for getting in - but that was a few years ago. The St Ursula's extra class will take the pressure off a bit.

Russianred Sat 02-Jun-12 22:19:02

We have just moved to a road very near Horfield and have heard rave reviews from everyone who sends their children there. Good to hear another good report from oldernotwiser. Friends who have applied this year have all got their first choices and I think the boundaries for Henleaze have broadened slightly. As runoutofideas says, St Ursulas definitely seems to have taken some of the pressure off.

springblossompetals Mon 27-Aug-12 19:17:20

Horfield is fab. Ds1 just finished reception and have no worries about the school at all. Head is inspirational!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now