Local Talk

Kids hairdressers

(19 Posts)
inthisdayandage Tue 05-Jun-12 19:16:05

Always had my two girls hair cut at Eskimo kids but have just seen it has gone bust. Does anyone have any recommendations for other child friendly hairdressers. Girls are 2 and 5.

xkcdfangirl Thu 07-Jun-12 20:04:15

Oh No! I'm devastated - that is where we always go too and DS is due a cut.

I tthink I remember seeing somewhere with kid-friendly hairdressing chairs around the Mall in Clifton but I have no idea which shop (it may have been a toy shop with hair dressing as an extra rather than a hair dressers per se) - does anyone live round clifton way who could confirm or deny this?

Flossbert Thu 07-Jun-12 20:06:52

Noooooooo I was trying to ringthem last weekend and noone was answering the phone. Gutted. It was Eskimo kids that had previously been in the mall in Clifton, I believe.

There is a place in kingswood but no idea what it's like - I just found it when I was googling childrens hairdressers a few months ago.

That's such a shame sad

xkcdfangirl Thu 07-Jun-12 20:55:16

oh dear - that's no good then - do you mean they were in Clifton before moving down to Cabot, or were there two branches?

Flossbert Thu 07-Jun-12 21:44:21

I think they moved to Cabot from Clifton.

xkcdfangirl Fri 08-Jun-12 06:46:57

Just done some googling and found this place though it's not easy to get to - has anyone used it?

I just came on here to ask the same - I can't believe Eskimo has gone and my son is in desperate need of a haircut!

On the Eskimo facebook page they talk about Chloe's new venture... Anyone know her or when/what this might be?

HeadsShouldersKneesandToes Sat 16-Jun-12 13:42:12

Just to let you know I tried out Krazy Kids hair dressers with DS (age 2) this morning and although it was a long way for us to go it wasn't that difficult to get to if you have a car - just off the A4 portway in shirehampton. I think it will be an acceptable refuge for those of us mourning the loss of Eskimo Kids.

Slight inconvenience in that they don't take advance bookings, you just have to show up and wait but even on a saturday morning with quite a few people waiting we didn't have to wait for more than 10-15 minutes. I'd take a couple of picture books or some toys though just in case.

They just have one novelty chair - a red racing car - so there's not the choice we've got used to at Eskimo Kids, but there is a wide selection of DVDs for the kids to watch, and a lovely painted mural on the wall.

A very nice and friendly woman called Maaddy was doing the cutting, she was really good with DS and very patient as he wriggled around. The cut looks very smart and overall I am very pleased with the place.

Sabriel Sat 16-Jun-12 22:59:41

I had an email from Chloe to say she was setting up on her own and would email me when it was sorted. Will repost if/ when she gets back to me.

We had our hair done only a few weeks ago and I asked her at the time if they were closing because everything was in the sale, and some of the hairdressing chairs were missing. She said no, it was for new stock, so I was a bit peeved to see I was right.

somedayillbesaturdaynite Sat 16-Jun-12 23:02:31

Just off the Portway in Shirehampton is PJ's. They have an awesome car ride-type seat the kids sit in and a dvd player for distraction if needed.

HeadsShouldersKneesandToes Sun 17-Jun-12 09:07:26

someday that's the same place that I mentioned - the kids bit of the PJs place is called Krazy Kids.

cgiggle Tue 26-Jun-12 21:50:34

Any news on where Chloe has set up? My daughter needs a hair cut and we are so sad about loosing Eskimo Kids sad(

joandwill Wed 22-Aug-12 17:01:08

We were also very sad about the closure of eskimo kids as my eldest loved going there and having his haircut. I have been scouring the internet in anticipation ever since and have come across this.....

ekhair.breezi.com/

Hoping it opens soon as the hair situation is getting pretty desperate!

plipplops Sat 25-Aug-12 20:09:09

A lady who used to work at Eskimo Kids is taking it over and reopening I think - my friend used to take her little boy there and the new lady has done a cut at home for her in the meantime.

mam29 Wed 29-Aug-12 15:54:56

there used to be kids hairdressers in henleaze high street bit near roundabout not sure if still there.

Gutted about eskimo kids lovley shop although did think ohh rents must be high in cabot.

Beanmummy Thu 06-Sep-12 17:07:51

Dear All

Chloe has just been and cut mine and DD hair!!!! thank you "JoandWill" for the web address.

EK Hair is the new name, and Chloe hopes to get the shop open in October. You can email her on ekhairsalon@gmail.com or find her on Facebook as EKHair or twitter as @ek_hair or another website address is www.ekhair.co.uk

Chloe came to my house, and it was great to see her and she has been busy cutting hair!

Beanmummy

HomeHairforyouandKiddies Wed 10-Oct-12 10:41:34

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

BabiesNeedInstructions Mon 15-Oct-12 01:13:09

Chloe came to our house too last week, good cut with nervous kids and very reasonable.

ekhair Thu 18-Oct-12 08:55:53

Morning everyone! I just wanted to give you all an update as I've had lots of positive responses from mums who must have seen these posts.

The final part of the refurb is starting next week, so all the decorating is getting done. The salon will start to get its character in the next couple of weeks.
So I'm hoping that we can open early November. It's a very exciting and busy time at the moment so I will update everyone as much as possible, in the meantime check out our brand new website (where you will soon be able to book your first appointment) www.ekhair.co.uk

Thanks everyone for your support!!
Hope to see you all there.

Chloe x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now