Local Talk

good honest (cheapish!) garage Bishohpston area

(8 Posts)
sksskm Tue 17-Jul-12 11:21:00

Can anyone recommend a good garage for servicing / MoT in the Bishopston area - can travel a bit further for someone good?
Someone who doesn't charge loads and really don't want someone who's going to say we need loads doing that isn't strictly necessary - as we're a bit skint!!

gnoomi Tue 17-Jul-12 12:42:11

It's not in bishopston but I've found downfield road garage (by the Downs) good for that kind of thing.

Brookfield Garage on Ralph Road (between Ashley Down Road and Muller Road) are really good. Straight-forward, decent and really helpful if you are a random female with no interest in cars, I.e. me.

bonnymiffy Wed 18-Jul-12 16:38:00

Yes, I would fully recommend Wolseley Road Garage - they're on 9421130. They won't do what doesn't need doing, and are generally helpful and friendly.

We use Windsor Road garage. In the past they've given us a discount when we left the car with them for a week so they could fit it in around jobs. And they seemed to treat me well when my husband (who usually deals with the car, on account of how it's his and all) was in hospital and the car died.

bookwormthatturned Sat 21-Jul-12 23:49:02

Arley Hill garage have always been good for us - straightforward and never doing work that's not needed. They're just off the Zetland Road / Gloucester Road junction so are nice and local for Bishopston.

RummidgeGeneral Mon 20-Aug-12 09:44:57

Another vote for Brookfield garage. I've been going there for 15 years and have always felt that they are honest, don't overcharge etc and are nice guys.

ChuggaChuggaChooChoo Mon 20-Aug-12 18:55:42

We used to use Kersteman Road Garage, just off Cranbrook Road, when we lived near there - more Redland than Bishopston but the guy is nice and honest and I like supporting small local businesses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now