Local Talk

Moving to Westbury Park with 20mo ds and due in October

(6 Posts)
BabiesNeedInstructions Sun 05-Aug-12 13:28:34

Hi,

We're due to move to Westbury Park from London in mid-August with 20mo ds and I'm due with no2 at the start of October. Anyone got any tips for things to do with toddlers and/or newborns in and around the area, other than the usual local playgroups and library sessions? Alternatively, if anyone has kids a similar age or is due at a similar time and would like to meet up for a playdate/coffee/gin let me know, I'm keen to make new friends!

x

tedmundo Sun 05-Aug-12 17:21:07

Hello

I live in Westbury Park but my dc are older. I am currently pg with dc3 but early days yet, but hope to be due in March 2013.

Anyway, You can ..

Go to the zoo (5 mins away and is a superb zoo .. Get membership)

Go to Cairns Road .. This is a baptist church cafe with play equipment, the hub of WP life! They do a playgroup on a Tuesday too, with a crèche for babies so you get some time with your toddler.

Redland Green park .. On a sunny day, the world and his dog heads there after school. Great place to meet people.

The Bird Table .. Kid friendly cafe

the Downs cafe .. Lovely walk followed by a coffee is a great afternoon.

Portico .. Is actually on Gloucester Road but is a cafe with play toys (not soft play, more role play stuff)

If you want your dc to go to a pre school, I recommend Harcourt Pre School. Tis excellent!

Good luck with the move. WP is lovely. Good school too.

BabiesNeedInstructions Mon 06-Aug-12 13:33:37

Hi, thanks for the tips, especially Cairns Road - I just had a look at their website and it looks great. See you there at some point no doubt!

howiwonder Mon 06-Aug-12 16:57:15

Hi,

know the feeling - we moved from London a year ago! I have 2.6 yr old and also due with no 2 in Oct.
I'm not in Westbury Park but its seems like a really nice area. As tedmundo says, the zoo is great - we are members and go alot.
Lots of lovely parks and Gloucester Rd area seems packed with things to do, lovely cafes etc.
I'm always up for a cuppa and meeting some mums so give me a shout if you fancy getting together when the dreaded move is done.

Good luck smile

cgiggle Tue 07-Aug-12 18:53:44

Hi,

We've just moved to the same part of Bristol and there is plenty to choose from for little ones. By far our favourite activity has been Gymboree, the parents are all lovely, a really good mix of people and we have made quite a few friends.

Good luck with the move, it's a great area so I'm sure you'll love it!

BabiesNeedInstructions Sun 19-Aug-12 21:56:01

Overdue thanks guys for the replies. We are now officially Bristolians and loving it! Looking forward to getting stuck into the local toddler scene. Our neighbours came round with home-made cakes yesterday to welcome us. Just like Ramsay Street, and very very different to London!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now