Local Talk

Hanham - anyone there? Anyone know it?

(6 Posts)
0800 Tue 14-Aug-12 20:21:32

Hello - I'm new round these parts with a 3yo and a baby, just wondered what there is to know? What's good to do with pre-schoolers?

Any insider info on the local primaries?

thanks! smile

EwanHoozami Sun 26-Aug-12 10:22:53

bump!

saggyhairyarse Sun 26-Aug-12 17:37:43

I've not lived in Hanham but was in St George. There is a good gym for pre-schoolers in Kingswood, Tumble Tots are in Hanham, there is Castaways in Kingswood (they used to do a morning pre-school session called Treasure Tots that was good).

Chelseyjones Tue 28-Aug-12 21:44:07

I'm right by hanham in kingswood! There's also Grimsby farm which is quite good for the kids! My little boy is also 3 nearly 4! We take him swimming to long well green leisure centre as they have a learner pool perfect for little ones! Other than that the park in kingswood highstreet is quite nice!

heather58 Wed 29-Aug-12 17:03:16

I live in Hanham, i am an older mum with an older daughter (17yrs), but i am a phoenix-trader(not sure if i am allowed to say that!), but i sell at toddler groups and else where and the toddler group that i go to is at St George Community Centre every wednesday (except in school hols), they are a very warm, friendly group, opens from 9.30-11.30, they have playtime, make things, sitting down time with a drink, fruit, toast and then its clearing way time and then its singing time, i can recommend this group. Also in Hanham community centre, pick up a leaflet, they cater for toddler groups and lots of other activities, Longwell Green is just down the road, they also have toddler groups in the United Church, opp Harvester. I hope this helps you. heather

0800 Fri 31-Aug-12 07:55:39

thanks everyone - I've popped into the community centre and picked up a leaflet, seems like there's loads going on there. Deffo going to look at the farm too, that'll save me traipsing back to Windmill Hill so DS can get his chicken fix!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now