Local Talk

Moving to Chew Magna

(4 Posts)
OompaLumpa Fri 21-Sep-12 15:11:51

Hi all, just had an offer accepted on a place in Chew Magna (does that come under Bristol local??) and wanted to say hi and would love to hear from others who might live in the local area as we are newbies to the area. Have a 15 month old girl and also looking for a nanny share or mothers help for a couple of days a week. Thanks!

Bubblemoon Tue 25-Sep-12 11:26:39

Just noticed nobody had replied to your mail and want to tell you that the people of Chew Valley aren't rude...probably just underwater at the moment.

Chew Magna is a truely lovely village. Top tips - have brekkie outside the Moondance cafe with your pram/dog and the world will come to say hello to you. The Bear and Swan is a fab pub as is The Crown at nearby Regil.

OompaLumpa Sat 29-Sep-12 23:14:49

Hi Bubblemoon thanks for the reply I heard about the flooding, not good at all.
Glad to hear Chew gets the thumbs up and thanks for the tips. I tried the cake at the Moondance Cafe when we last visited, i think that's what swung us offering on the house grin)

546chewy Sat 17-Nov-12 18:32:30

Dear Chewie Newbie, I am a local mum with a 21 month old daughter. Would be happy to meet up and introduce you to the coffee cake at The Moon Dance Cafe! also I am on the look out for mum buddies who appreciate cake, and may want to swap babysitting favours.
Hope your move went well?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now