Local Talk

Baby Swimming in Horfield Leisure Centre

(5 Posts)
CrazyKitten Sun 14-Oct-12 01:19:06

Does anyone have any experience of using the beginners' pool with a baby at Horfield Leisure Centre? Have you tried the baby swimming lessons? I am thinking of taking my 3 month old but would like to know how warm the water really is and what the lessons would be like.

mam29 Sun 14-Oct-12 12:57:16

Not done lessons but been there dd had 6th birthday party there small pool and its lovley leisure centre.The waters really warm, its not out nearest as we frenchay.

Schlock Sun 14-Oct-12 12:59:48

The baby pool at Horfield is great. I haven't used it for years now (kids much older) but it was always very warm and it's quite shallow for little legs.

Incidentally, did you know that the big pool there has an adjustable floor so sometimes there is a deep end and sometimes there isn't! shock

gnoomi Sun 14-Oct-12 13:09:03

I think it's fine (nice family changing space etc),but the learner pool is pretty chilly IMHO. The dolphin pool in filton is a bit warmer, but you still might want to think about one of those baby wetsuit type things.

xkcdfangirl Sun 14-Oct-12 15:20:28

The Dolphin pool at Filton is better than Horfield, but I think the "Big Bathtime" sessions at the various south gloucestershire pools (we've tried longwell green and kingswood but I have a friend who says they do it at Bradley Stoke too) are even better - the pool is a lovely temperature and the changing areas are more family friendly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now