Local Talk

Moving back to bristol

(4 Posts)
Backtobrizzle Thu 08-Nov-12 22:01:04

Hi everyone, I am moving back to bristol in February after 18 years in London and am looking for advice!! We are looking St. Andrews/Westbury park/bishopston and will be renting to start with; I wanted to get an idea about nurseries as I have dd who will be 3 in jan and ds who is 11months. Also wanted to get a feel for primary schools Etc. any ideas?!

TorandB Tue 13-Nov-12 19:45:14

Hi there, me and my family are moving back to Bristol after 6 years away living in Brighton! We are looking to rent first in Southville, Victoria Park area. I'm interested in hearing if there are any good nurseries and if there are waiting lists etc in central Bristol as both me and my husband will be working in the centre. Good luck with your move! Tor

Ilsongirl Sat 17-Nov-12 17:56:22

Hiya. If you decide to buy in Bristol, thoroughly look into and make sure that you are close enough to any school you want to get into. Backtobrizzle - In Bishopston, Bishop Rd now has a four class entrance (120 kids). Sefton Park in St Andrews is still two class entrance I think so you have to live pretty close. It is worth checking out the Bristol City Council online booklet on admiissions to see how close you need to be. Don't assume you'll be ok: we lived pretty close to Sefton Park, Bishop Rd, Colstons and Ashley Down but were in 'no mans' land for all of them and were initially offered Glenfrome which is a couple of miles away on the way to Stapleton. This was a few years ago but it was a stressful situation for a few months until we were offered a more local school.

Backtobrizzle Sun 09-Dec-12 22:54:19

Thanks v much. Found house in Westbury park so have nursery sorted and 200m from Westbury school if we stay their - hopefully that will work out!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now