Local Talk

Anywhere (cafe/softplay?) in Clifton/Redand/Centr e for 8mo to crawl around

(5 Posts)
WhereDidILeaveThat Tue 04-Dec-12 08:03:57

Heading into Brizzle today, DD very active and will go nuts stuck in the car/pushchair for the morning. Is there anywhere suitable where DD can have a crawl without getting trodden on by older children? I heard @Bristol cafe has a soft play corner for babies, anywhere else? Unfortunately all my friends are at work, otherwise I'd descend on them!

Lookingtothestars Fri 07-Dec-12 17:48:32

Too late?? Playful Cafe on Chandos Road in Redland (not far from whiteladies road) has a free soft play basement (for customers) and lots of toys and books etc in ground floor cafe area. X

546chewy Sat 08-Dec-12 21:27:28

Dear WhereDidILeaveThat,

I found a small play area come nook in the Bristol Museum. it works well as a stop off point when in the centre. Also its free!!

WhereDidILeaveThat Sun 09-Dec-12 05:29:14

Hello, thanks for the ideas! I managed to find a friend who was in so DD had a good rumble around.

The museum is good, I'd completely forgotten about it. Also the Playful cafe - I was there the other day and DD was completely freaked out by the soft play area, but afterwards she did sleep for 12 hours with only one wake up (this is unheard of!), so maybe I should try it again next time.

charlottekatherine Wed 19-Dec-12 16:19:23

Caffe Clifton on St Pauls is child friendly, they don't have a soft corner as such but have two big beds in either corner to sit on, which the little ones seem to love. The staff are also happy to warm bottles & there's plenty of board games/books for the slightly older kids!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now