Local Talk

Brislington meet up

(16 Posts)
MeandMilo Tue 15-Jan-13 12:15:20

Who is in this area and up for a meet up?
I am the ambassador for this area and am planning to set up a monthly meet but wanted to get an idea of how many are interested and where you can get to. I have only just moved to the area so any ideas about venues will be greatly appreciated! So far I have seen Cafe Britalia on Wick Road and A Fair Shot on Sandy Park - has anyone tried either of these?

farah011 Mon 21-Jan-13 18:48:21

hey when your free for your meet ups??? x

MeandMilo Tue 22-Jan-13 13:34:25

I work my own hours from home so can meet any time provided it doesn't clash with the school run.

I was beginning to think that I am the only mum in Brislington!
Didn't think there would be much point in organising something that nobody can attend so am interested in when people are free and where they can get to.

BristolLEd Wed 23-Jan-13 14:07:39

MeandMilo would you be up for maybe making the first meet up 'Bristol wide' and doing it somewhere central? Just as a one off until everyone else comes out of hiding!

Northerndame Thu 24-Jan-13 12:05:51

I am a soon to be mum and would love to connect with other mums in the local area. Please keep me posted. Great idea!

MeandMilo Thu 24-Jan-13 15:29:20

Ok, Bristol-wide it is!

I have had a think about parking and bus routes, etc and afforability of food and drinks. How does Bocabar sound to everyone? Its at the Paintworks on the A4, just along from 3 lamps junction, on major bus routes and has a bit of parking.

Their website is www.bocabar.co.uk and post code (for satnav) is BS4 3EH.

I'm going to go for Monday 28th Jan at 13.00. Hopefully that time will let new mummies get organised to go out (myself included) and also give us almost 2 hours before anyone has to embark on the school run.

I'll be the ginger one with a wriggly baby who isn't content to sit still!

MeandMilo Thu 24-Jan-13 15:36:42

BristolLEd, I have put this meet up on the Brislington section, could you give me access to the Bristol wide section so it will show there too?

BristolLEd Thu 24-Jan-13 20:56:30

Brilliant! Thanks MEandMilo! I have assigned you as LA for 'Bristol-wide' for the time being(I think we may have someone interested in doing it in the future as they live on the outskirts of Bristol.) Bocabar is a good shout smile

MmeGuillotine Fri 25-Jan-13 11:16:51

Hello! I'm in Brislington as well! smile

I've seen the post on Facebook about the meet up and will pop in for a bit on Monday morning! How do I recognise people though? Is there some sort of secret wave or something?

MeandMilo Sat 26-Jan-13 20:52:02

Hello MmeGuillotine!
I noticed you put morning, hope you can make the afternoon! We are meeting from 13.00.
You will be able to recognise me by my ginger hair and screaming child! Ha!
Also, I'm going to bring a cuddly crocodile to sit on the table (as you do). Hopefully that might make it a bit obvious :-)

MmeGuillotine Sun 27-Jan-13 11:07:00

Oops, yes, I meant afternoon. I'll potter along after picking my 4YO up from pre-school. smile

I'll be pretty easy to spot - I'll be the one with bright pink hair in big boots surreptitiously looking for crocodiles. ;)

MeandMilo Mon 28-Jan-13 12:59:08

Well, I am at Bocabar with my crocodile (and baby). Hope to see you soon!

MeandMilo Thu 31-Jan-13 09:10:11

Lovely meet up ladies! Thanks for coming smile

Dolly07 Tue 05-Feb-13 10:45:44

Hi, Just seen this Thread we moved to Brislington recently and would love to meet other mum's in the area for coffee and trips to the park etc. My son is a very active 3.5 years old. We are around most Monday's and Tuesday afternoons.

Dolly07 Tue 05-Feb-13 10:46:29

When is the next meetup planned?

MeandMilo Tue 05-Feb-13 10:52:48

Hi! Would be great to have you join in a meet up Dolly!
I am thinking about a half term meet and maybe one the week after.
I will try and finalise details later today!
If you are around this afternoon for coffee I'm thinking of going to Cafe Britalia at about half 1. Would do you think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now