Local Talk

Living in Knowle

(9 Posts)
Mrs84 Tue 12-Feb-13 21:36:26

I am just about to move to Knowle - anyone else there? Any tips on things to do with a 2 year old? I haven't lived south of the river before grin

xkcdfangirl Fri 15-Feb-13 15:14:26

I'm not as far south as you, but Tintearawayz has saved my sanity on more than one occasion. The arnos vale cemetery is a fun place to explore (not weird - it's more like a nature trail in most places) annd there's a good play park next door.

DooDahDay Mon 18-Feb-13 15:06:09

Hengrove park is amazing http://www.bristol.gov.uk/page/leisure-and-culture/hengrove-park. But you'd probably need a car to get to it. There are small playparks next to Arnos Vale hotel (accessed from Upper Knowle) and Redcatch Road.

There used to be a softplay area downstairs in the Broadwalk shopping centre. The library is in the shopping centre too.

Bocabar on the Bath Road is family friendly.

Mrs84 Mon 18-Feb-13 15:55:59

Thanks for all the suggestions, really appreciate it!

Sarah1112 Tue 19-Feb-13 18:43:40

Hi, where abouts in knowle you moving to? I live in knowle off Novers lane. Is it broadwalk end or the other end?

Mrs84 Tue 19-Feb-13 20:26:17

In the middle basically! The opposite end of Broadwalk to the shopping centre. How do you find living there?

LittleRockersSoftPlay Mon 25-Feb-13 21:57:21

I live in Knowle. Love it. There are some great toddler groups - Sydenham road under 5s is good, as is the one at Redcatch Community Centre on a Tuesday. My two year old also loves the library and the soft play (called iplay now), and we swim at the new Hengrove pool. Victoria Park is walkable too. Lots of friendly Mums locally. Don't know if there is a Knowle meet-up group on here - but join the Totterdown group - there will be some park meet-ups soon when the weather improves. x

Mrs84 Tue 21-May-13 23:43:48

Thanks, am now in Knowle. If anyone fancies a meet-up at iplay or Redcatch park maybe let me know!

Jeminbris Wed 22-May-13 08:01:37

I live in Knowle too (near perret park). My son's only 5 months old - any suggestions for little ones?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now