Local Talk

Moving to Chipping Sodbury!!

(4 Posts)
Lkw1981 Mon 18-Feb-13 11:35:01

Will be moving to Chipping Sodbury over the next few months and wondered what goes on?! Does anyone live in the area? What's it like? I have a 2 year old boy, who will need a day nursery and also like to take him swimming and to soft play (what is Yate Leisure Centre like?) He loves the park and feeding ducks! Any duck ponds?! Also would like to find out about playgroups....Nursery/Schools recommendations? Cheers!!!

SomersetScribbler Tue 12-Mar-13 12:25:19

Hello! Another one moving to Chipping Sodbury this month. I was looking at this website www.mysodbury.co.uk/ for info about what goes on, looks like there's a jazz festival coming up!

I'd love to know more about the area though. I have a 7 month so on the look out for groups, playgrounds and places to walk my dog.

Ebb Thu 21-Mar-13 18:12:13

There's lots to do for little ones in Yate / Chipping Sodbury. Kingsgate Park has a small lake with lots of ducks and swans and a really nice children's play park. The leisure centre has a large pool ( a bit cold ) and a small pool ( lovely and warm ) and a small soft play area upstairs. The swimming pool has lots of good size changing rooms and a buggy park if you've walked.

Activities include toddler gym at The Sports shed, art classes with The creation station and Music with mummy with the fantastic Anne-Marie.

My ds went to Pumpkins nursery in Tormarton ( about a 10min drive ) and I can highly recommend it. Lovely village location, lots of space, great staff. I can't say anything about any nurseries in Yate as I found Pumpkins and knew it was the best choice for ds. My dd is 2.4 so if you fancy a meet up, pm me. [Smile]

Oh also Westonbirt arboretum is well worth annual membership. ( About 15/20 mins away ) and Slimbridge ( 25/30mins away ) is fab too.

sweetsummerlove Sun 12-May-13 18:02:09

I have a 22mo and live in CS. -I haven't much to add to Ebbs review, but we love it here. It is a great community, very friendly and welcoming. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now