Local Talk

Ok ladies...tell me when, where and what you would like for a meet up!

(16 Posts)
MeandMilo Thu 21-Mar-13 21:12:07

I have arranged a few meet ups now and haven't really had too much interest so I'm just wondering if I am planning the wrong sort of thing?
I have a 6 month old and a 7 year old but it seems that most of you have children somewhere inbetween that...?
Bubbahub, soft play and children's centres have all been tried but only had few attendees.

So, let me know what you might like to do and when is the best time to do it and I will let everyone know so that hopefully we can meet some friendly mummies. :-)

blondiedoll Mon 25-Mar-13 17:22:46

I am finding the same! Only one or two interested and such varied ages make for disinterest from some sad Watching with interest!

LouiseSJ Tue 26-Mar-13 12:37:24

Hello ladies. I have recently moved to Bristol with my husband and two children aged 5 and 4. We are keen to make friends here.

blondiedoll it was nice to meet you at the last Kingswood meet. It would be nice to meet some more people so hope you have some luck with this new thread. My 4 year old son does mornings at pre-school so we are free for afternoon meet-ups. However, it would be nice for my 5 year old daughter to meet some new friends outside of school so if anyone is interested in after school meet-ups that would be good too. As for venue, we like soft play and when the weather gets warmer we like going to the park. As we are new to this area we are open to any suggestions as to where to meet.

I too will be watching with interest.

LittleRockersSoftPlay Wed 27-Mar-13 15:15:21

Hi - it's tough with mixed age groups isn't it? My two tend to sleep in the afternoons so no good to meet those with kids at pre-school! Perhaps a summer picnic sort of 11am-3ish might cover as many people as possible?

MeandMilo Thu 28-Mar-13 14:12:03

Summer picnic idea is fab! Bring on the warmer weather! It freezing IN my house at the moment so outside must be unbearable!

I go to a few established regular meets at the moment that are fairly well attended...I'm wondering if something weekly would be good for mumsnetters? Though as has been said, someone will always be excluded. Afternoon nappers and preschools will never meet!

Still not really sure what to do in the cold weather that doesn't cost a fortune?!

makama Wed 03-Apr-13 21:23:19

What neighborhood are you looking to plan something in?

Just to commiserate on the nap/school coordination thing - I have a 4.5 year old in school and a 7 month old. I was part of a mother's group back in California and we all met when our first kids were 5 or 6 month olds. Then as the mothers started having second (or third) kids at different rates it got extremely tricky to still meet! Birthdays (and good-bye parties) seemed to be the only thing that motivated us to ignore naps, etc.

Warm weather for parks really helps though, so just a few weeks more for that here, right?

MeandMilo Wed 03-Apr-13 22:05:17

Haha! Makama, we may have 3 warm days a year...maybe!
Have you lived here before/long? Its going to be nothing compared to California!

I'm in Brislington but I'm happy to meet wherever the mamas are!

blondiedoll Tue 09-Apr-13 20:45:00

LouiseSJ it was lovely to meet you and your lovely DS too! We've been struck down with Noro here one after the other and have been trying to get rid of that ready for another meet soon.

MeandMilo - I am in Kingswood/Hanham (the Kingswood LA) so not too far, maybe we could meet and think of some places/ideas for spring/summer meets if we ever see the sun again!

Looking forward to meeting you soon :D

BristolLEd Wed 10-Apr-13 13:10:07

Hope you are on the mend Blondie!

I cannot wait for picnic weather, I have a very mad toddler who hates being indoors!
I'm sure meet-ups will get a lot busier when the weather improves(assuming it actually does?!)

In the meantime I'm always around for a cuppa/park/softplay,
I live near the Goucester road and don't have a car in the week at the moment but DD is getting pretty bus savvy so don't mind travelling.

I also think an evening outing with wine is a must soon! smile

LittleRockersSoftPlay Fri 12-Apr-13 11:14:45

I'm definitely up for an evening meeting - and wine is a bonus.

As of June I will be running a soft play pop up cafe in Henleaze from 10am-3pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays so hopefully people might be able to come along to that?

LouiseSJ Fri 12-Apr-13 12:46:43

Wine sounds good to me wink. Can't remember the last time I had a night out.

I've never heard of a soft play pop up café! Looking forward to that.

Gracem2012 Fri 12-Apr-13 13:13:56

I would be up for meeting to, have a car so can get to most places but I'm not very good at knowing where places are, littlerocker that sounds interesting :-) don't know where henleaze is will have to google it in min.
Wine is always good since having grace I haven't had a girly night

MildMildWest Fri 12-Apr-13 15:03:53

Hello everyone - I'm Mrs. Hanham. I'll be arranging some picnic meet-ups on Hanham Common when the weather is a bit less shite, if folks are up for it.

In the meantime is it OK if I tag along with the Kingswood crew?

Hanham is completely bereft of indoor meet-up venues that are child-friendly (unless you count the Wetherspoons!) although I did hear a rumour of a soft play being planned for the area.

I am also interested in Wine wink

LouiseSJ Mon 15-Apr-13 12:48:38

Hello.

Just wondering if anyone on this thread is interested in a meet-up that has been arranged at Wacky Warehouse on Thursday at 1pm.

Details are on the thread "Looking for friends".

OoooShiney Mon 22-Apr-13 07:57:06

I am happy to pop into Bristol, though I kind of live closer to Bath, as long as there is nearby reasonable parking and not too complicated to find.

I am more of a cake person biscuit brew, as have a 2.4 yr old and a baby due any day now.

I keep watch on these threads as I am on my phone. I have signed up for Bristol wide meet-ups so will get e-mails about them. But if you have any South/East Bristol way, PM me a note and I'll let you know if I am free.

cleocleo81 Mon 26-Aug-13 21:34:25

Little rock where in henleaze are you having your pop up soft play meet up? I have a 8 month old ds and looking to meet new people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now