Local Talk

Gutted :( not accepted for Whitchurch Preschool

(3 Posts)
LucyLilac12 Mon 25-Mar-13 20:21:18

I was late to put my name down on the Local Pre-school waiting list and have just recieved a letter to say I havn't got a place for my son sad I know they are an amazing Preschool, I have heard such fab reviews of their practice and I don't know what to do now as the other nearby nurseries don't even compare! People are putting there childrens names down at 2months old.. If I had known this I would have put my name down a lot sooner.. Surely there arent that many places lacking for Preschool children??? Help!!

givemeaclue Sun 07-Apr-13 21:11:12

Put my name down when pregnant for pre school!

crazymum53 Mon 08-Apr-13 10:57:34

Depends what you mean by "late" in putting his name down for a place. If you mean that you applied after a deadline then yes that would affect whether your child would be offered a place. Seem to remember that it was possible to register an interest for younger children, but the pre-school held an Open day in the Spring term when children were 2 years old, when you were asked to fill in a form and given a deadline to return it.
Ask if you can stay on the waiting list as many parents apply for more than one pre-school and some children do leave to go into full-time nursery. The council run nurseries only allocate places about a month before children start, so there will be quite a lot of movement. HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now